Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Quickly choosing sender with the Kerio Outlook Connector Offline Edition
  •  
joebloggs

Send a private message to this user
Suppose I have a KMS running at domain foo.com. So my email address is joe<_a.t_>foo.com. I also need to send about half my emails from joe<_a.t_>bar.com, the mail server of which forwards to KMS at the joe<_a.t_>foo.com email address.

I can currently do this quite well using Kerio WebMail - I simply set my Default From Address to joe<_a.t_>bar.com, and whenever I have to send an email from joe<_a.t_>foo.com I use the handy drop down menu which WebMail includes on the mail composition dialog.

However, I'm quite sick of using WebMail, so I thought I'd give Kerio Outlook Connector a try now that it has an offline mode. I'm using Outlook 2007.

The only way I've found to change the email address is by clicking Tools->Options->Kerio MailServer->Customize Sender. But I seriously can't do this for *each* message I have to send.

Is there a way I can quickly choose between joe<_a.t_>foo.com and joe<_a.t_>bar.com from the Outlook mail composition dialog? As it's doable from WebMail I am hoping it's doable in Outlook..

Thanks,
j.
  •  
germanr

i have the same need, but Kerio doesn't seem to see it as an important feature (at least that is what they told me a couple of years ago). Thunderbird handles this perfecly.

The workaround that I use is to create a "fake" pop3 account in which I set up the other sender and the SMTP configuration correctly. On the POP3 server setting I put an invalid server (if you put the correct, all your email will be downloaded).
Then in Outlook I put in the Send / Recieve options, to never recieve the email of this account.
When you compose a new email you can now select from what account to send.
Regards.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
DionH

You, sir, are a genius! I've been scratching my head with KOFF 6.5 and the send to field for almost 2 weeks now with no result. I think this might just be the answer (Until Kerio fixes KOFF that is)

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=13077&sta rt=0&S=cd2f49d0c8c5b9e8a19059c9e8494c58
refers.
Previous Topic: sync to ipodtouch
Next Topic: How To Define Different Internet Hostnames When Hosting Multiple Domains ??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:46:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00495 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.