Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Urgent Help Needed ; Mime Format & Stuck inbox & Octets !
  •  
Balduran

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

WE have some trouble with mails.

Some mails stuck in mail inbox that outlook cant recieve mail & inbox is compeletly stuck for that user. We have to enter web mail & delete the mail that stuck in inbox.After deleting the stuck mail & other mails are coming into outlook inbox.

Some mails comes as a MIME part or mail recieved with some octets report that we dont want it. (Maybe that's why some mails also stuck in inbox )

Examples ;

When mail comes to outlook it sometimes turn mail into different
char sets (as we look in web mail inbox )

Changing Mail Body like;
FE=75=20=6B=69=FE=69=79=65=20g=F6=6E=64=65rdi=F0=69=6E=69z

Turns into Mime Codes like ;
------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C8A3A7.68F212A0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-9"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Gives Octet reports different part of mails like;
160 Octets +OK ( Also Octet report comes with some mails at different body ,header or exc..)

How can we stop Kerio mail server to change char sets into mime part or sending different chars like upside as i believe it also locks when some mails come to users inbox they cant recieve the mail.

Thx For Answers & Best Regards..

Any Ideas ?

[Updated on: Tue, 22 April 2008 09:09]

•  
Balduran

Any Ideas?

Lastest patch repair this problem?

[Updated on: Tue, 22 April 2008 09:18]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Actually, I did not get it. I cannot see any problem. Could you explain what do you see as wrong?
  •  
Balduran

Thx For reply ; I will try to explain the problem.

For an Example, iam sending an email (Using Outlook 2003) to our maillist or someone in my domain.Mail contains normal characters in html format or plain text (tried both of them)

Same for all users using outlook express, outlook 2002 , 2000 )

Many times, Kerio mail server turns emails into different char sets as i send an email to other users they see those strange characters in their windows outlook inbox (Also server side inbox have those strange chars in that email) i gave examples on upperside (Like)

At this point also for the same reason i believe, some emails stuck at inbox of the user's server side inbox (client cant recieve that mail from server to his outlook 2003 inbox) , until
that email is deleted from mail server or webmail side. User cant get his other emails too until that one is deleted as i wrote.

Thx For Answers...

[Updated on: Tue, 22 April 2008 16:21]

•  
Balduran

No answers yet Sad

Also as an information we use POP3 / SMTP ports 110 & 25 only.

Users have Outlook Express & Outlook Office.

Problem is again strange characters in email that kerio mail server turns the normal html or plain text into explained above....

Thx...

[Updated on: Thu, 24 April 2008 11:35]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Mail body parts could be modified (including charset conversion) when adding domain or mailing list footer. The characters are not strange, it's called quoted-printable encoding and it is ok.

I would suggest contacting our technical support. Please send us the e-mail (e-mail source) you think is blocking POP3 download.
  •  
Balduran

Ok Thx i will mail it when it stucks again at one of user.

Is there a way to remove those character sets so it will not encode the email ?

Thx for replies.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 April 2008 11:40]

Previous Topic: Customize Sender option not saving properly in 6.5.0 KOC offline edition
Next Topic: Bounce Mail to sender when lager than 1.5 MB ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:41:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00501 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.