Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Users receiving spams in their Junk E-mail folder (Spam Filter)
  •  
jonahpa

Send a private message to this user
I set a Block score and forward the message to a quarantine address to spam<_a.t_>mydomain.com. Users complain that some mails are still being sent to their Junk E-mail folder.

How could it be possible? Is there still a filtering done on the user's side after being filtered from the KMS server?

I have Tag and Block at the same value, and the Prepend is still checked.

Thanks in advance.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Some clients like Entourage or Apple Mail do junk e-mail filtering on its own and move spams to the Junk E-mail folder regardless server setting.
  •  
jonahpa

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Tue, 22 April 2008 18:19

Some clients like Entourage or Apple Mail do junk e-mail filtering on its own and move spams to the Junk E-mail folder regardless server setting.

What if they are only accessing their Webmail? Would they be receiving junk mail forwarded to their Junk E-mail folder with the setting mentioned above?
  •  
Richard Spensley

I can also see spam emails in my Junk Email folder using webmail, however these emails are not delivered to my Apple Mail client. I was a bit concerned with this as I do not want to lose any genuine emails if they get tagged as spam but then don't get through to my Apple Mail client (which is using Spam Sieve to put all spam emails into a Spam folder). If the only way I can see these is through the webmail client then I have to periodically use it to check my email - what a pain!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Using POP3 is a pain. E-mails in Junk email folder are synchronized to Apple Mail with IMAP account (which is far more better than POP3).
  •  
sedell

Something else you may need to consider is that there may be another server marking the mail as spam. I've run into that before. I'm not sure if it was the sending server, or a relay server, but something along the way was setting the X-Spam-Flag header on some inbound mail before the mail arrived here. My spam logs all showed the message passed as not spam, but it still ended up in the Junk E-mail folder.

If you're using POP3, you should always disable the default spam rule, even if you aren't using the KMS spam engine. The rule has no way of knowing if it was your server that flagged the message as spam.

Scott
  •  
Richard Spensley

thanks for your replies, I've just changed my 3 email accounts over to IMAP and it all works great. The Junk Emails are downloaded to my Apple Mail client - cool. Only slightly annoying thing is the fact that they are in a separate folder labelled Junk E-mail that resides within an expandable "folder area" that seems to contain all of the IMAP server folders (Deleted Items, Deleted Messages, Drafts, Junk, Public Folders and Sent Items). It would be nice to have this reside nearer (or with) my Inbox for each account but I guess this is a feature/flaw of Apple Mail's IMAP handling and not KMS?
Now I just need to migrate the rest of the office to IMAP!
  •  
jonahpa

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Wed, 23 April 2008 13:36

Using POP3 is a pain. E-mails in Junk email folder are synchronized to Apple Mail with IMAP account (which is far more better than POP3).

okay POP3 is a pain, as it cannot download the items from the Junk E-mail folder. But how can you configure KMS to not send mails to the Junk E-mail folder anyway?

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Login to WebMail and uncheck "Move spams to the Junk E-mail folder" option in WebMail settings. It will disable mail filter rule for spams in user mailbox.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

jonahpa wrote on Wed, 23 April 2008 15:44

okay POP3 is a pain, as it cannot download the items from the Junk E-mail folder. But how can you configure KMS to not send mails to the Junk E-mail folder anyway?

Actually, POP3 is pain because:
* it downloads messages from server. Your mails are not accessible from other clients/webmail.
* sent e-mails are not saved to the folder on server
* it can receive e-mails from Inbox only. You cannot use folders for email categorization.
* downloaded e-mails must be backed up on the client. It is not possible to use server backup as the messages are usually removed from the server on download.
* you cannot use spam learning to improve spam filter efficiency. With IMAP, you can learn the filter by moving messages to/from Junk E-mail folder.
  •  
jonahpa

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Wed, 23 April 2008 15:47

Login to WebMail and uncheck "Move spams to the Junk E-mail folder" option in WebMail settings. It will disable mail filter rule for spams in user mailbox.

This, you mean each user will disable mail filter rule?

Is there a way from the Admin Console?

Thanks again
  •  
s2000news

I too would love to know how to set the option for 'move messages to spam filter' to 'off' on a global access.

I use boxes for a pop3 connection for a vendor, imap not an option. I however must log into the box every time to disable the spam move, its rather annoying.

Any way to toggle this via the admin cp? I am thinking no. Sad

Bryan
  •  
jonahpa

s2000news wrote on Tue, 17 February 2009 06:26

I too would love to know how to set the option for 'move messages to spam filter' to 'off' on a global access.

Any way to toggle this via the admin cp? I am thinking no. Sad

I don't see it yet from the admin, but there is now a possibility to disable sending junk to Junk E-mail when you create a new e-mail account.
Previous Topic: E-Mail Weiterleitung mit Datum begrenzen
Next Topic: Remove Contacts from Public Folder?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 09:33:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00501 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.