Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Need help on SSL Certificate (Where should it reside)
  •  
jslh

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Need help on the SSL Certificate.

I'm helping a client in setting up the Kerio Mail Server on Mac Server.

They wanted to have ActiveSync feature so that their (Nokia E90 & Palm Treo [Windows Moile Professional])phone could be sync.

The Mac is located behind a broadband router (single public IP).

I have setup NAT Port Forwarding so that their Entourage cold be sync.

Now, they wanted to go for SSL and they intend to buy it from GoDaddy.

My question is, since the Kerio Server doesn't has any Public IP but Private IP, will it work, especially on the mobile?

If I'm not mistaken, the Mobile has to point it to the NAT instead of the Kerio.

Please advice.

Thank you in advanced!

Regards / Joseph
  •  
winkelman

jslh wrote on Fri, 25 April 2008 11:31

If I'm not mistaken, the Mobile has to point it to the NAT instead of the Kerio.

That is correct.
  •  
jslh

Hi,

Finally, we got it installed on KMS (Mac) with the GoDaddy SSL Certificate. The funny part was they issued 2 certificates only, the intermediate and the certificate. No private.key.

Anyway, we have it copied into the respective SSL folder within the KMS (Mac) machine. Removed all private self-signed certificates and set the GoDaddy as the active.

But, here is where I don’t understanding, anyone logs into the KMS either via Firefox / Safari or Entourage / Apple Mail, it never prompt up any dialog pertaining to the SSL like Do you want to examine the content of the certificate, do you want to accept it permanently or temporary. It just went straight!

This is true doesn’t matter the connection were from internal or external.

Is this a normal behaviour of SSL certificate from CA?

Please pardon me as this is my first time dealing with such!

Thank you.
  •  
GetSync'd

Yes

GetSync'd.Com
Certified Hosted Kerio Connect Solutions
Kerio Mail Boxes / Dedicated Kerio Servers / Managed Kerio Cloud
http://www.getsyncd.com
Previous Topic: Calendar - can't see appointments in standard view
Next Topic: 4.4.1 Cannot connect to remote host
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 05:03:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.