Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Can ping but can't browse....
  •  
justtryingthisout

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I just installed the trial of Winroute, and I'm not very good with things like this, but I'm doing my best.

Basically, having installed this app, I can ping any web address and get a reply, so the internet is actually there... However nothing I do can actually connect to the internet (IE, Firefox etc), from either the firewall machine or others.

I've been playing with trying to make rules and such, but it seems like I must have done something profoundly wrong for no single website to work...

Attempts at accessing things show up in the log, but they are never achieved.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I've stuffed up?

Thanks very much for reading.
  •  
Prototype

Is your DNS set correctly?? Have you enabled outgoing connections? Example - Source firewall, destination any, service any, Allow

When you run a ping are you pinging a i.p address or a web address i.e ping www.google.com or ping 64.233.183.104

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Make sure there is no other firewall or RRAS as it may conflict with protocol inspectors in Winroute.
  •  
Mr_Waled

is your network have been Set Behind the NAT and your IP-adress is correct ???

NB : My english so bad Sad Sad
  •  
alexmercer

i have same problem i didn't any shit about URL filtering or anything like that!

i have ping to any ip and can browse any ip in browser !!

but i cant ping and browse any URLS!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 31 October 2013 00:14]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

To alexmercer - watch your language here.

If IP works and hostname doesn't, the problem is in DNS. Check your DNS settings.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
alexmercer

thank u for answering !i completely disabled kerio control and seen the problem still on my server so i think that's be in some windows service about dns functions and i go to fix it..
Previous Topic: Setting Up Network Load Balancing, please help
Next Topic: Strange UPnP error, doesn't work
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 07:00:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.