Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Send as Secondary email address in KOC / KOFF
  •  
gbrown100

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am sure I used to be able to do this... Am doing a site install this weekend and now it is not happening.

In the webmail I am able to pick the address I am sending my email from (i.e. pick a secondary email address assigned to me).

I have tried this using both the KOC and KOFF connecting to my server on a LAN but the option is not in Outlook (V2003 SP2). I am running the windows version on Server 2003 R2 with active directory integrations. I added the users via the AD console (not Kerio) and have added the extra addresses there also but no joy.

I am SURE I did this before the Patch 1 came out... Is there any way of getting this functionality working?

Thanks

Graham
  •  
valshare

Hi gbrown100,

i have the same issue as you. I have any useres switched from KOC to KOFF. The users has two Mail adresses. I want that the receivers see the second Mail adress. With KOC this was no problem but with KOC this didn´t work. Only workaround is the fill in the second Mailadress in the "answer adress" in Outlook.

Thats no a good workaround because the receiver see the first mail adresse, too.

Please Kerio, fix this!!!

Greatins, Valle
  •  
shaggie16

If you set the sending address through webmail, it is set server side, so the KOC / KOFF also uses that sending address
  •  
gbrown100

Hi Shaggie,

I think you miss my point. Once I have a secondary address I can choose which one to send from in the webmail fine. The functionality used to be in the Outlook plugin on the 6.5 release but it seems that once patch 1 came along it disappeared again.

Basically - I am sure in original 6.5 I had the accounts tab in the Outlook mail window using KOFF which would let me select the secondary address, but now I have actually rolled out the server (and installed patch 1) I can no longer see this functionality. Something that is VERY important to my client...

As you can imagine this is not a little embarrassing! Sure, I could ask them to use webmail but they require Outlook for application compatability so this means running both together which is a pain in the ass.

Graham
  •  
shaggie16

Hi

Sorry, I thought you meant you simply wanted to change the sending address to a secondary address permanently. My bad.

Assuming the functionality has indeed disappeared (I can't check at the moment as I am nowhere near a Kerio installation), one way around this would be to have the secondary address set up as an IMAP account within the same outlook profile. This is only a bodge of a workaround though, it is not neat.

•  
gbrown100

To make matters worse, I asked one girl to use webmail when sending from other names and it turns out that all of the emails she has filed into folders from within outlook are not synchronised in the web client... Now I am worried!
  •  
shaggie16

OK that is strange - she hasn't filed them into a local .PST has she, rather than a folder within the Kerio structure?
  •  
DionH

Sadly, I've been having a email battle with Ala Dabat, from Kerio Tech support for over 2 weeks now trying to highlight the very same thing, with very little success. When I get a moment I'm going to post all of the mail correspondence between us here on the forums.

From my experience neither KOC nor KOFF have working Send From fields, as these fields are completely ignored by the connector or server. However you can get around this in KOC by filling in the correct Send From field in WebMail, as KOC will use that setting. KOFF gets it's Send From info from another source that I've yet to determine. I suspect that it queries the user database and then appends the domail suffix to that, which created a myriad of problems (for me at least).

Unfortunately, getting Tech support to understand the problem, never mind acknowledge it, has been an ongoing battle for me.
  •  
gbrown100

I have some possible news on this from a guy called Greg in tech support (really helpful guy - if you're reading this - enjoy the BBQ!) Surprised

To recap I have a user - graham<_a.t_>example.com
I want graham to send and receive as sales<_a.t_>example.com as a secondary address without opening multiple MAPI profiles or having a mixture of mail clients / webmail simultaneously. I cannot have the message tagged as "On behalf of" - also, when I tried this with a separate pop3/smtp mail filters would not work with received emails as KOFF did not process them.

The solution I have been told is to set up a second address for Graham of sales<_a.t_> - this gives me the ability to receive as Sales<_a.t_>

Then set up a pop3 / smtp account for sales<_a.t_> on Outlook with Kerio mailserver as the server but authenticate as graham<_a.t_>example.com (Kerio will relay as much as you want if authenticated)

Finally, change the Send / Receive group in Outlook to disable POP3 receiving of email for the Sales account.

This SHOULD give me the ability to use the Send As facility in Outlook to send emails as Sales<_a.t_> and when I receive mails as Sales<_a.t_> they can still be correctly manipulated by the Kerio Mailfilters without a problem.

I am testing this over the weekend. I have asked that Kerio create a knowledgebase article on this should it be successfully tested!

Good luck all

Graham
  •  
gbrown100

Laughing

Good news. This can be achieved!!!

I set an Alias up of spanner<_a.t_>example.com and pointed to my graham<_a.t_>example.com. I then set up a second mail account within my Kerio profile and had it send to my Kerio server using SMTP (I must use the graham<_a.t_>example.com to authenticate)

I then edited the send / receive settings to work every 2 minutes and told it not to collect email via POP3 for the spanner<_a.t_>example.com account.

Finally you must either:

1. Allow relay from your local IP range for this to work. I had kerio set only to allow authenticated traffic and this didn't work

2. Go into advanced settings and have your Outlook Authenticate to the SMTP server.

I found that without either of the two above it would send to local but not external and WOULD NOT log that it failed anywhere...

Good to go now.

Graham
Previous Topic: Block country/extension
Next Topic: KMS loosing mails?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 06:17:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00477 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.