Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Weirdest VPN problem: clients connect but there is 50-70% ping loss!!!! (Clients connect, no errors on server logs, but: there is a 50-70% ping loss both from clients to server and vice versa)
  •  
cozmas

Send a private message to this user
I've got a fairly typical Winroute Set-up. Kerio version is the latest both for the server and the VPN clients.

Network topology is typical as well. Kerio has 4 interfaces, 2 are connected, and another 2 will be used for DMZs. Of the 2 used, one connects to the internal network and the other to the Internet. Incoming/outgoing traffic to/from the internal network works fine

I have set up the VPN server on port 55555, and modified the Kerio VPN service accordingly. My router uses port forward to send traffic on port 55555 from the Internet to the Kerio Winroute firewall server.

Clients connect with no problems, and receive the correct IP addresses and routes.

However, when trying to ping anything from the VPN Client to the Internal Network, or to any interface of the Firewall, pings fail at a rate of at least 50%. It might go up to 70-80% at worst... Nothing else seems to work. No Outlook-Exchange connectivity, no RDP, no file sharing.

The correct rules for Local traffic are in place... I cannot think of anything else that might be wrong...

Any suggestions.... PLEASE!!!!!

[Updated on: Wed, 30 April 2008 12:24]

Previous Topic: KWF proxy causing slow internet access
Next Topic: uninstalled Kerio Winroute Firewall , but vista is still showing as on
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:39:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00389 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.