Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Active directory login different than e-mail address
  •  
sanraal

Send a private message to this user
I just installed a test KMS on Debian Linux and am trying to configure it to work with MS AD. Everything works without problems, except the default e-mail names. My problem:

AD user login: JSM<_a.t_>domain.com
default created e-mail address: JSM<_a.t_>domain.com
needed default created e-mail address: john.smith<_a.t_>domain.com

How can I force KMS to create e-mails(not accounts!) based on the "E-mail" field from the Active Directory account?

Manually adding aliases isn't the way for us, and we need JSM<_a.t_>domain.com not to be an e-mail address.

Any suggestions please?
  •  
sedell

You can't. KMS doesn't use the E-mail field in AD. The only option you'd have is to change the AD user login to match what you want the e-mail address to be.

Scott
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This can be done by modifying the mapping file ads.map in KMS. You can map additional e-mail addresses to each user from any AD attribute.

But you have to be sure you know what you're doing.
  •  
sanraal

Thanks for the hint, got a virtual test server with KMS, so gonna give it a try.
  •  
DionH

This might be what I'm looking for. I'm glad to say that the problems with KOC and KOFF not using the Sender fields when sending out mail has now been acknowledged as a bug and is being looked at by the developers.

Quote:

Thanks for reporting this problem. We're tracking it as bug 30894. Our developers will take a look at the issue and take appropriate action as necessary.

Can I change the default domain name for the user by editing the mappings file? i.e. can I set my mail adress to user<_a.t_>company.co.za when my login is user<_a.t_>company.com? I presume that I would set the email address in the AD's email address field.
  •  
valshare

hi sanraal,

i have the same problem as you. Do you has resolved the problem? In AD i have "short" Loginnames. Now i am in trouble with the short loginnames with used PDAs an Kerio Offline Connector. In the "sender" adress are the short names. Can you help me?

Greatings,

Valle
  •  
sanraal

Hi Valle,

was tinkering with ads.map, but with no result. I MUST solve it in the upcoming few weeks, so I'm gonna report.
  •  
matti763

Hi

Did you ever get this work?

•  
Kerio_mrusek

In gal_ads.map file you can find the following:

<variable>
   <name>Email</name>
   <value><attribute>kerio-Mail-Address</attribute></value>
</variable>

It says that Email value is mapped to "kerio-Mail-Address" field in AD. You can change "kerio-Mail-Address" field to another field in AD as you need. For example:

<variable>
   <name>Email</name>
   <value><attribute>email</attribute></value>
</variable>

where "email" is name of your custom email field in AD.

Note: Backup default map file before any changes! Also backup your custom changes of the map file before upgrade or reinstall KMS!
  •  
sjourney

I changed this in the gal_ads.map file with the server stopped, but it still pulls from the kerio-Mail-Address field not the mail field... What am i doing wrong???

<variable>
<name>Email</name>
<value><attribute>mail</attribute></value>
</variable>
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Every contact synchronized to GAL from ActiveDirectory has user login as an primary email address. Additional email addresses are synchronized from other AD attributes (like kerio-Mail-Address).

If the user email address is different from user login name, you need to edit the gal_ads.map file and change mapping of Name attribute from sAMAccountName to another attribute with user email address.
  •  
sjourney

Ok so my changes were working, I just could not tell because I was getting the same results. Looks like it appends primary domain name to the end of every "sAMAccountName" field. So if you do this:

<variable>
<name>Name</name>
<value><attribute>mail</attribute></value>
</variable>

you end up getting things like this:

emailaddress<at>ailiasdomain.com<at>primearydoamin.com

or

emailaddress<at>primearydoamin.com<at>primearydoamin.com

So the Name value in my case just needs to be left out. Is this possible?? Hope so I'm going to try it...
  •  
Kerio_mrusek

Try to make the following:

<variable>
   <name>Name</name>
   <value><attribute>mail ~ ([^<_a.t_>]+)<_a.t_>.+</attribute></value>
</variable>

This example match "mail" field with regular expression "([^<_a.t_>]+)<_a.t_>.+" and get a substring behind the <_a.t_> char for "Name" property. I think that it could help you.
  •  
gmey

I tried the regex for deleting the AD-Domain part. But no mailaddress was mapped to KMS.

What is exactly the regex? Where are blancs?

Is there anywhere a documentation about the mapping and regex there?
Previous Topic: Sending Messages to Domains that use Greylisting
Next Topic: 2 AV Scanner (Clamavx and Sophos)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 05:10:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00536 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.