Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Limit outgoing bandwidth?
  •  
Richard Spensley

Send a private message to this user
HI,

is there any way to limit the outgoing bandwidth of Kerio Mail Server? The reason I ask is because we are only a small company on an ADSL connection with 2MB download speed but only 256K upload speed (about 25kb/sec on average) and whenever we have large (over 5MB) emails or lots of medium sized emails going out, our internet connection (download speed) slows right down.

I was wondering if I could limit Kerio Mail Server to a maximum of around 20kb/sec outgoing then our connection would flow a bit better?

It may be that I need to make a change on our ADSL modem but it was installed by the ISP and we cannot access it. I have ordered a new one to replace it that we can tinker with so maybe this will be our solution but I thought I'd ask about KMS's capabilities anyway.

Thanks Smile
  •  
My IT Indy

The best idea would be to get a router that provides QoS (Quality of Service) and prioritize the traffic you need to get out and put a lower score for non-essential traffic.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Nixs

Are you running Windows on the server?

#1) Install QoS (don't know how, Google it.)
#2) Run %windir%\System32\tcmon.exe

Configure a QoS filter for port 25 as shown here;

[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=1325&private=0[/img]

[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=1324&private=0[/img]

You can apply this to specific destinations such as the IP's of your ISP's mail relay is that is what you use.

(photo's are also here if this doesn't work right;)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2327/2460079730_4335ce46ba_o. png
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2382/2460079814_7e497577ce_o. png

Anyway, this uses Windows built in QoS to rate limit SMTP on a particular machine. I'm doing this in XP PRO but most all should have this.

• Attachment: qos2.png
    (Size: 23.12KB, Downloaded 411 times)
  • Attachment: qos1.png
    (Size: 32.23KB, Downloaded 411 times)
Previous Topic: certificat ?
Next Topic: Syncing Calendars and Public Folders......??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 11:05:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00440 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.