Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Archiving with extermal solution
  •  
gruppemedia

Send a private message to this user
Hi everybody,

we do like to archiving our emails with an external archiving-solution (MailArchiva).
I cant find functions like -journaling- or -push-.
How can i push all mails from kerio to our mailarchiving-server?

Thanks for help.

Piet
  •  
jshaw541

Anyone find a solution for this? The SMTP outgoing relay only relays Internet-bound email, not local-local.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
sedell

Can you use the "Archive to remote email address" option on the Archiving tab? You could send it to an address on the archive device if it has one, or archive it to an email address on the server that the remote can retrieve it from.

Scott
  •  
apsistemas

We have activate the option to send to a local email and used the great GFI Mailarchiver (www.gfi.com)

Is working, is easy and is no may expensive
  •  
higginsta

By local email do you mean an account created on your Kerio server? I have a customer that I want to migrate from Exchange,and they are using the GFI Archiver. I just want to make sure GFI will work with the Kerio setup.

To activate the remote email address you still need to enable archiving - does that mean that mail is is being archived in two places now (Kerio archive folder and GFI Archiver?

•  
apsistemas

We have created a Kerio email account like archive<_a.t_>domain.com and in the GFI Mail Archiver get the email using IMAP for this account to archive all the email IN/OUT

The client has this config for about 1 year and works withou problem the Server for Archive is a ML110G4 with 1 Tb SATA disk with 4 Gb. RAM
  •  
My IT Indy

I just set up the OSS MailArchiva last night to test and it's pretty slick, especially for FREE.

You just need to set up DNS to the MailArchiva box (I use archive.mydomain.com) and then in the KMS Admin you go to Archiving & Backup and select Archive to remote address. Then put archive<_a.t_>thednsnameforyourserver.com

That's it. In the MailArchiva web admin you need to designate which domains you want to archive and then you can manually create users to login (or pull from AD)

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
the_creative_partnership

Hey HoosierMac,

I just started looking at MailArchiva. Looks nice for a free system.

What OS are you running it under?

Cheers
Dan
  •  
p0ddie

Mailarchiva rocks. It's very easy to install with basic unix skills. I have it running on an Ubuntu VM, one in a test environment, one in a productive environment, both archive to an iscsi target (target mounted from inside the vm). Awesome.
Previous Topic: Message header problem
Next Topic: Switching Open Directory Masters
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 02:32:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00492 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.