Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Advanced 2 Ethernet Configuration Question
  •  
Balduran

Send a private message to this user
Windows Server 2003
Server with 2 gbit ethernet cards.
Configured 2 domains.

DNS is configured as 2 Domain names attended to 2 real ips like mail.vvv.com to x.x.x.23 & mail.zzz.com to x.x.x.24

Machine have 2 ethernet cards with same gateway as x.x.x.1 there which is a router.With this router packets can be detected which mail server sends.

Kerio mail server have 2 domain names on itself configured.
with again 2 domain accounts on itself.

Watching the router logs, it sends mail with first attended ethernet card which shows in ipconfig table at first row as not the true domain that attended as its real ip in DNS.

With this configuration it looks like it works but I dont know if its problem of configuration or using 2 ethernet cards.I didnt watch that at router if it sends 2 times to some accounts. Also i tried to searh all of the documents configuring kerio mail server but it seems to me like an advanced config.Or I didnt look where to configure 2 ethernet ips to 2 different domains at physical stance for mail server side..

Is it possible that at physical stance both ethernet cards can send the mail at a time ?

Or Is there a configuration in kerio we can make
As two ethernet nics to send mails from as this domain sends with x.x.x.23 & other will send it with x.x.x.24

Thx for configuration tips & helps ...

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Two NICs can't cause duplicated delivery. The e-mail is sent only once - the outgoing interface and router is determined by underlying operating system and network routing table.

It is not possible to manually define outgoing IP address in KMS (in fact, there is no need for it).
Previous Topic: 2 Mailboxes
Next Topic: Bulk import addresses for Distribution List
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 13:31:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00400 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.