Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail Archiving
  •  
khehr

Send a private message to this user
All my users use the webmail interface to check and read their mail. Some of those users wish to archive those messages locally on their computer, so..... is it possible to archive those messages locally? I don't want the users to use ANY email application but some want to save important messages off the server. I know they can print them individually to PDF but that would be very time consuming to do that for each message. Thanks!
  •  
winkelman

khehr wrote on Fri, 02 May 2008 22:16

...I don't want the users to use ANY email application...

In that case it is not possible.
  •  
jaikudo

At the moment our users are using either Outlook Express or Outlook for this. Unfortunately Outlook has a few odd behaviours which confuse the users when there is more than one message store and Outlook Express has the downside of simply not being very good. Thunderbird might be a better bet.

We have put in a feature request for archiving from Webmail. Downloading individual messages as EML files, or folders as a ZIP of the EML files, would be fine. I don't think it can be a hard feature to implement as the emails are already stored as individual EML files on the server.

That said, what is wrong with using an email program for downloading and accesing the archives? Surely most users will find that better (more tidy and searchable) than having lots of individual EML files.

You can disable POP3 if you are worried about the users accidentally taking all their mail off the server.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 May 2008 13:00]

Previous Topic: Shared mailbox [Outlook 2003 client]
Next Topic: LDAP Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 10:04:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00395 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.