Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Importing Contacts INTO Kerio (Is there a way to import contacts (non-user info) into Kerio?)
  •  
PSHBG

Send a private message to this user
I have searched the entire knowledge base /forums /user & admin manuals for the answer to this question.

I've seen replies to similar questions which said "read the manual, it's all in there".

I can't find it so let me just ask as plainly as I can:

Is there a way to import contact information into Kerio from a text, delimited or other "flat file"?

We want to create a public address book, not of subscribers to our mail system but of our customers and make them available to our employees through the web interface. We'd like to have our "in-house" employees to access this info thru their POP accounts using MS Outlook but the remote offices using the web interface are the priority.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  •  
My IT Indy

You could import them into Outlook or Entourage and then just drag them into the public folder, no?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
PSHBG

I want to put the contacts ON Kerio to be viewed by the users of our email system.

I wanted to know how to IMPORT a list of contacts TO Kerio's PUBLIC contacts list.

There contacts are our CUSTOMERS not our staff so they need to be manually added to Kerio.

I'm looking for a way to do it in a batch or automate it.

Our users do not need to edit these contacts, just VIEW them.
  •  
My IT Indy

If you drag them to the public folder everyone will be able to see them.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
PSHBG

I'm obviously not making myself clear.

There is NOTHING to drag.

We want to create a list of contacts (names, addresses, phone numbers and email) and import that list into Kerio Public Contacts folder.

We don't want, due to the large number of contacts, to have to create contacts individually.

We then want that list viewable by ALL users of our email system.

Is this possible and if so, how?

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I guess HoosierMac is right. You can IMPORT these contacts to your email client (Outlook, Entourage) and then MOVE them to the public folder.
  •  
jaikudo

The only way I know of is to import the contacts via Outlook.

Outlook can import many flat file types and it can write into the public contacts provider the user has access rights. You can probably import the contacts straight across, however it might be better to make a temporary new contacts folder and import into that. That way you can tidy up the imported contacts (and prune out any duplicates or mistakes) before moving them into the main public contacts folder.
  •  
winkelman

PSHBG wrote on Mon, 05 May 2008 05:46

We want to create a list of contacts (names, addresses, phone numbers and email) and import that list into Kerio Public Contacts folder.

We don't want, due to the large number of contacts, to have to create contacts individually.

Create the list in such a way that Outlook can import them (comma or tab separated list, Excel sheet, whatever). Import them into Outlook with KOC or KOFF. Then copy them to the Kerio Server. No need to create anything individually. And that's what everybody has been saying here Smile
  •  
bull2760

PSHBG wrote on Mon, 05 May 2008 05:46

You obviously do not understand what everyone in this forum is telling you to do. I recommend you quit your job, and find a new profession.
  •  
gbrown100

Bull2760 is right however in the spirit of things I'll give it one more go... (without bold of course)

There is no import mechanism in Kerio for Contacts.

You are going to have to do a 3 stage process.

Stage 1 - Create your data. As you took great pains to point out, you don't have the list yet... Not sure how we can help, for all we know you have it written on a Banana however a clue is to run the Import / Export wizard in Outlook and see what options you have to import. Then you know what format to put the data in.

Stage 2 - Set up an outlook profile with the Kerio connector and log in as a user with rights to the public folder. Import the data into a contacts list in Outlook.

Stage 3 - Drag the contacts into the public folder.

Hope this helps.
Previous Topic: Wrong used space?
Next Topic: Problems syncing messages with KOFF
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:34:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.