Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » HIGH CPU LOAD in WINROUTE 6.3.0 (i get high cpu load in http downloads, about 100% on 3GHz athlon64 when downloading 1,5Megabytes/s)
  •  
shoshu

Send a private message to this user
I have very high cpu load in http downloads, about 100% on 3GHz athlon64 when downloading 1,5Megabytes/s.
WinRoute is running on WindowsXP with SP2
could anyone please explain why and how to fix it.
Thanks Razz
  •  
winkelman

Wat brand is your NIC? Realtek?

I can tell you the high CPU load is not normal. I've got a 50Mbits connection with full AV scanning and it's costing me only a few percent CPU (3Ghz XEON single core).
  •  
shoshu

hi,
yes, it is realtek
but could it be also because i have installed WinRoute on SP2?
Before it was on windows xp no SP, just the fixes from MS site. And as i am trying to think back, it did 100% when was copying files through the lan , speed about 30MB/s through my gigabit ethernet ?

please tell me what to do?
what is your system, network card ?
thx
  •  
winkelman

They are pretty common, but regretfully also pretty crappy. Realtek-based cards are known to cause problems with KWF.

Could you try putting in another NIC and see if that helps?

I don't think it's XP SP2 that's bothering you. I assume you did turn off the built-in Windows firewall?
  •  
shoshu

ok, changed with nvidia integrated gigabit lan, the cpu dropped to 40% when downloadng with 1.5megabytes/s but is stillpresent ?
why is that ?
this is on 3Ghz Athlon64 singlecore cpu, 1gb ram ?
  •  
shoshu

also when copying local files throught the LAN i get 100% when winroute is On, is there any way to EXCLUDE local traffic from the firewall, but keep the NAT for LAN internet ? thanks
Previous Topic: VPN and LAN Shares
Next Topic: Clientless SSL VPN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 20:01:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.