Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » MailServer.cfg variables
  •  
bronco

Send a private message to this user
Hi to everyone,

does someone know where to find the meaning/explanation of the XML variables that are being used in the configuration files e.g. MailServer.cfg. What I am after is some kind of pdf document.

Thanks in advance.
  •  
jshaw541

I think the best reference for now is the GUI and its accompanying help documentation. The Admin GUI and server simply save their configurations as those .cfg files in a rough XML format.

Did you find some settings that aren't in the GUI or something?

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
bronco

Yes, I have found some variables that I can not find where they are in the gui. For example under Misc there are two namely Pop3Delete and BindIP. Would it not easier to have a reference of them for all the products? Even if you can change them thru a gui.
  •  
jshaw541

I think the two settings you mentioned ARE covered in the GUI. I know there are "bind to ip" settings under the Domains setting in the Admin Console.

I think that Kerio figures that 1.) they don't want to appear like they are endorsing users messing with the cfg files directly, and 2.) that the "documentation" for these cfg file settings are overlapped with the Admin Console docs.

Of course, I'm not affiliated with Kerio, so I could be blowing smoke :)

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
Previous Topic: kerio backup
Next Topic: Bayes Learn (sa-learn) for Kerio?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:42:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00368 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.