Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Unpublishing Users (How do you do it?)
  •  
ptireland

Send a private message to this user
I've got a couple of people who were published to the public contacts list, but who have either left the company, or their original account was spelled incorrectly.

I need to take those listings out of the published public contacts list so when users click on the "to" button, they see the correct listing.

Could someone please help me figure this one out?
  •  
campodoro74

I don't know of an easy way of unpublishing contacts. You could:

- delete all and republish your address book
- go to
/opt/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/#public/domain.com/#msgs
and delete the VCARD manually
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

No!. Always avoid direct modification of the message store !!!

It's very easy. Login to WebMail and delete contacts from Public Folders/Contacts.
  •  
jaikudo

How about republishing contacts? Is there a nice way to do that? I have found that doing this makes a second copy in the Contacts folder instead of updating the existing one.

It would be better if it could republish in order to update the existing contact's name and email addresses, leaving the phone numbers and other details as they are.

We have quite a lot of temporary staff manning the addresses for orders and product enquiries so we need to change the names associated with our addresses quite often. Being able to change it in just one place and then republish the users would be useful.

Actually, it would be even better if the staff could update their contact cards (but only their own contact cards!) in the public contacts. I guess this is unlikely to be easy to achieve as it doesn't fit in with the way the access rights system works.
  •  
ptireland

I've got multiple entries for the same person too. One spelled correctly, and one that isn't. I want to be able to delete the wrong one.

If I delete it in webmail, does it delete for everyone or just myself?
  •  
sedell

Everyone. That's the point of having a central set of public folders/address lists. Change it once and everyone sees the updated information.

Scott
  •  
ptireland

I think we all agree on that. We were just discussing the method of making those changes. I wanted to make sure any changes I make will effect everyone. Also, I want to make sure that nobody else can make those changes (other than their own).

When I use Outlook and I delete a contact from the public contacts folder, it only affects me personally. Everyone else still sees that person. This is why I asked the question.
  •  
ptireland

I also wanted to add, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Removing the contact while in webmail worked across the board. Thanks for the fix.

Now I just need to find the time to put everyone's phone number and office address in there.
  •  
sedell

ptireland wrote on Thu, 08 May 2008 11:34

When I use Outlook and I delete a contact from the public contacts folder, it only affects me personally. Everyone else still sees that person. This is why I asked the question.

That would be a different problem. If you delete a contact, or anything else in the public folders, and everyone else can still see it, there's a sync problem that needs to be addressed. Everyone is looking at the same folders, so the content has to be the same across the board.

Scott
  •  
etieseler

jaikudo wrote on Thu, 08 May 2008 15:12

How about republishing contacts? Is there a nice way to do that?

I would like to bring this up again. I take it there is currently no way to have the list automatically update with changes to user accounts such as if an account is deleted, disabled, or an alias is changed?

If a moderator from Kerio is watching, is this a enhancement that is being worked on, if not may I submit a suggestion? (And where would I do that)

Thanks to all!!

-Ed
  •  
etieseler

I would also like to add the suggestion to have an option to publish the email address + alias, alias only, or email address only.

Thanks again!

-Ed
Previous Topic: Address Error in New Emails
Next Topic: LDAP and SSL
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 13:32:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00553 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.