Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Issue with sent items & 2 mailboxes (1 KOC, 1 IMAP)
  •  
jasonhick70

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I've just setup KMS and have setup each user with 2 mail boxes: 1 KOC account for shared emails (customer services) and 1 IMAP account for personal accounts.

The problem I have is that ALL emails being sent are being stored in the KOC's sent items folder which all users can see. Not ideal if you don't want other users to see personal emails!

Is there anyway around this or some way to fix it?

We're using Outlook 2003 at the moment, but have been looking at Thunderbird and setting up 2 IMAP accounts and this seems to work quite nicely, although it's not groupware.

Any comments suggestions would be most appreciated! What does everyone else do?

Regards,

Jason
Needapresent.com
  •  
jaikudo

Send a private message to this user
You want two mailboxes per user, right? Here are some options:

1. Use Outlook for both but the user has to toggle between profiles.

2. Use webmail for both but the user has to log out of one to use the other unless you use different web browsers for both. (e.g. IE and Thunderbird).

3. Use Thunderbird for both and have the benefit of having everything at the same time but lose groupware.

4. Use Outlook for one box and something else for the another.

None of these things is very good as none of them gives the user concurrent accesss to everything they need in one place.

I have been amazed at how bad Outlook is at dealing with multiple message stores. Several things I reported to Kerio as faults have actually turned out to be limitations of Outlook. Maybe sombody needs to be reporting them to MS as deficiencies in Outlook. After all, I am sure it is just as bad for MS Exchange users wanting to connect to two MAPI mailboxes at a time as it is for us.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 May 2008 15:22]

Previous Topic: iCal/CalDAV: Availability Not Supported
Next Topic: Reminders and recurring tasks
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 14:50:06 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.