Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sync Calendar with Blackberry......
  •  
ruca006

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone know step by step instructions on how to sync blackberry to Kerio Mail Server Calendar?

MAC OS Leopard. Kerio 6.5 Mail.app

Thanks!

Moneyman
  •  
My IT Indy

Notifylink will handle this for you. All OTA.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
mpermann

If you don't want to pay NotifyLink to sync your Blackberry you can try the following. This option requires you to sync your Blackberry using your computer and does not sync over the air like NotifyLink does.

1. Download the PocketMac for Blackberry software from here and install it.
2. Setup the Blackberry to sync to Apple's iCal.
3. Install the Kerio iSync connector and configure it to sync to Apple's iCal.

Now you can sync your Kerio calendar to iCal using the Kerio iSync Connector. Then using the PocketMac for Blackberry software you are able to sync from iCal to the Blackberry. Basically you end up using Apple's iCal as the middle man in the sync process. I haven't personally been able to try this method yet. But I will soon as I have some users that have Blackberry devices. We just haven't started our migration from Meeting Maker to Kerio yet.
  •  
germi

has anyone test it ?
does it work ?
  •  
My IT Indy

Has anyone tested what?

-
My IT Indy
  •  
germi

mpermann wrote on Wed, 14 May 2008 02:06

If you don't want to pay NotifyLink to sync your Blackberry you can try the following. This option requires you to sync your Blackberry using your computer and does not sync over the air like NotifyLink does.

1. Download the PocketMac for Blackberry software from here and install it.
2. Setup the Blackberry to sync to Apple's iCal.
3. Install the Kerio iSync connector and configure it to sync to Apple's iCal.

Now you can sync your Kerio calendar to iCal using the Kerio iSync Connector. Then using the PocketMac for Blackberry software you are able to sync from iCal to the Blackberry. Basically you end up using Apple's iCal as the middle man in the sync process. I haven't personally been able to try this method yet. But I will soon as I have some users that have Blackberry devices. We just haven't started our migration from Meeting Maker to Kerio yet.

This !

•  
My IT Indy

I haven't personally tested it however it does work most of the time from what I've heard. You might also try The Missing Sync however that's not free.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
mpermann

I was finally able to test syncing a BlackBerry via USB using the combination of PocketMac for BlackBerry software and the Kerio iSync Connector. I can confirm that it works at least for a BlackBerry 8830. I also tried on an 8330 but could not get the device to be recognized by the computer and syncing to iCal. I have to give the Kerio folks credit for the good work they have done with their iSync connector. I would say that in general, if you can get the device (i.e. PDA, smart phone, etc.) to sync with iCal on the Mac that you will have pretty good luck in getting the device to sync properly to Kerio. I did have some trouble with getting duplicate events in Kerio. Strangely, the events were not duplicated in iCal just Kerio. So, fortunately it was simple to just use the repair option in the iSync connector to fix the issue. I have successfully used the iCal to Kerio iSync connector combination with the following devices: iPhone, iTouch, Palm Zire 21, 31, 72, Palm 100, Z22, TX, Tungsten E, E2, T3, Treo 755p (no data package). I have had excellent results syncing the Palm TX and Treo 700p wirelessly to our Kerio server using VersaMail/ActiveSync. I am looking forward to when Apple releases their new OS for the iTouch and iPhone to support wireless syncing using ActiveSync technology.
Previous Topic: Kerio Mailserver
Next Topic: Kerio Fax Plug-in???
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 06:15:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00481 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.