Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOFF is not default store
  •  
cthomas

Send a private message to this user

I just installed KOFF on a WinXP client running Outlook 2007 and it throws up the error message "Kerio Outlook Connector is not set as the default message store."

How do I fix this?

Looking at the Kerio User Guide pg 243 it says to change the location were new email is delivered but when attempting that with Outlook 2007 there is no 'Kerio' option as mentioned in the manual.

I have uninstalled KB946983 with no change in behavior.

- C. Thomas
  •  
tpyro

I had the same warning recently but I think the location dropdown was named "Mailbox of <username>" or something to that effect - not "Kerio". Look for the option that is not Personal Folders or any other mail account. Sorry I'd be more specific but it was Outlook 2003 and I'm not in the same state as that computer any more.
  •  
cthomas

This is the response I got from Kerio Support

> In outlook>tools>account settings>Data Files>select Mailvox of
> username (it will say filename, not available)>set as default

In case it helps anyone else.

- C. Thomas
  •  
chuskey

One of our users had this issue and I didn't see a way to change defaults in the data file management dialog. However in tools>email accounts there is a drop down that lets you select which mailbox mail gets delivered to. I tested on my machine changing this to something other than Kerio and I got an error that Kerio wasn't my default message store. When I had the user with this issue change that setting he got this message:

The personal folders file (.pst) you selected does not match the format of your Offline Folder file (.ost). To correct this, select a Personal Folders file that supports Unicode or disable the use of offline folders.

He's using the Kerio Connector offline edition. Should offline folders be disabled?

•  
roywasse

Having the same issue. I can't set my Kerio account as default store, with the same error message. Any suggestions are appreciated.
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hello Roywasse, and welcome to the forums.

This KnowledgeBase article will take you through the steps to setup KOFF correctly:

http://kb.kerio.com/1465

If you are setting up a fresh install of Outlook 2013 you will need to create a new profile WITHOUT email support first (To initialise the MAPI interface); then follow the steps in the KB article.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Neil.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
roywasse

Thanks, kind a did the trick. But: all my other Outlook 2013 accounts/profiles seem to have disappeared after the procedure described in the article.
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect OVF
Next Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector Virus Detected
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 20:33:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00437 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.