Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Nod32 3.0 on client with Move email to folder
  •  
Nixs

Send a private message to this user
Nod32 3.0 is installed on clients. Microsoft Outlook action on infected files is to move to folder "Infected Items".

Upon this occurring, Kerio kicks out;

There was a synchronization conflict concerning the 'Infected Items' subfolder of the 'Top of Personal Folders' folder.
You haven't appropriate rights to create the folder on the server.

As a solution, the folder has been moved to the 'Conflicts' folder.

This is only an informational message generated by Kerio Outlook Connector engine. You don't have to take any further action.

This has occurred to me. I am not certain why I don't have rights, nor can I locate the Conflicts folder. What is the proper fix for this setup? Thanks!

•  
sedell

I'm not sure about proper, but I generally turn the 'move to "Infected Items"' option off. I set it to quarantine and delete. At least that way it's not trying to create a folder, and my users don't have access to a virus, or potential virus. We're still using 2.7, and I haven't run into any problems yet with KOFF, but I don't think any of the users using it have had a virus yet.

Scott
  •  
Nixs

3.0 integrates with Outlook differently. There is no more EMON. nod32 3.0.650 still has a number of bugs. Apparently this is one of them. No matter which option I select in Nod32 Outlook integration, KOFF keeps sending me these alerts taht I don't have rights to my own folder (above.)
  •  
Nixs

I found the problem. eSet nod32 is trying to created "Infected Items" at the root of Kerio shared folders which I don't have the proper rights to. So it creates a Conflicts folder and in that there are hundreds of "Infected Items" folders.

The fix is to create an "Infected Items" folder at the root of each and every shared folder, including Public & Group shared folders. Then give the proper ACLs to each and every one of these shared folders so that users have Edit permissions, or better.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3190/2494570403_8bd3fea41d_o. png

This kinda sucks. After running this way for a while we still have odd things happen with the Nod32 3.0 plugins. With KOC some users Outlook will not open. Outlook simply locks up. Disabling the Outlook extensions for NOD32 fixes the problem. With KOFF, sometimes KOFF and NOD get in a loop and generate hundreds of conflicts folders in the users own mail store.

Anyway, we ended up disabling Nod32 Outlook integration. We have McAfee on Kerio..

[Updated on: Fri, 16 May 2008 18:47]

Previous Topic: Stop mail out of domain for a groupe
Next Topic: How to trace LDAP Base DN?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:28:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00391 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.