Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How to block, audio/video streaming on kerio
  •  
alabrador_it25

Send a private message to this user
i hope im in the right thread, it my first time to log here in kerio discussion board.

how to put a gpo in kerio?

how to block those video/audio streaming web based? is the port to block?

Long Live, Still alive - rock n roll \m/
  •  
moro666

You only can Block [Realtime Streaming Protocol], which usualy opend by Micro$oft Media Player..

this type of streams, Yes u can Block them By port 554 TCP

or just make a rule & Block [Realtime Streaming Protocol]
which is already present in Kerio Services.
---

BUT.. the sad fact is
Most sites now using Flash Media stream (FLV) Like YouToup
This type of streams using Port 80 HTTP

You Can't Block this port or service, u gonna Block whole Prowsing & downloading , & almost every thing using 80

THIS IS can be a featurt request to Kerio
to add the ability to recognize the recent File extintions, & make us be able to limit transfare speed or block certain file extintion..

it's Realy an important featur , many sites now just sucks bandwidth for only video streams.
-------------

By the way.. what is (( GPO )) ??!! Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Fri, 16 May 2008 03:04]

Mohammad Habeeb
  •  
raytaylor

Go to digg.com
Look through the list of items for video files. Find out where they are commonly hosted - youtube, comedyhumour.com etc.

Once you have found the common ones, create a new url group
Include
*youtube.com*
*collegehumour.com*
*yourlist*

Now just go and create a url rule under http policy to block access to websites in this group

When i design a video, i will upload it to youtube for easy streaming on my website. Rather than me pay for the bandwidth, youtube can host it. If you block access to youtube, the rest of my site will appear but the video part wont because its hosted on youtube. Most blogs etc. are like this.
If you go to bebo, myspace etc. most of the videos on here are also hosted by youtube. Blocking the major ones will cut down most of it.
  •  
alabrador_it25

thanks for your good reply....

GPo -> Group Policy.

Long Live, Still alive - rock n roll \m/
Previous Topic: Can't install Kerio VPN Client on Vista
Next Topic: vpn client event viewer spam
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:40:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00376 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.