Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Publish a CalDAV Calendar
  •  
ahoutzer

Send a private message to this user
I know that this is a question about Apple's iCal, rather than about KMS. I'm just hoping that one of the experienced iCal and CalDAV users here can help me with this.

I have calendars that I want several users to be able to edit from their iCal 3.02 (MacOS X 10.5.2) client software. These are calendars for conference rooms. CalDAV with write access accomplishes this. We also need these calendars to be viewable (not editable) through a web browser by thousands of people who do not have KMS user accounts (our member/customers). This can be accomplished by Publishing calendars from iCal to a .Mac account.

Problem: it seems that CalDAV calendars cannot be published to .Mac . I cannot imagine why not, but they can't. If I right-click a CalDAV calendar in iCal, the Publish menu item is grayed out. For local (non-CalDAV) calendars, the Publish option is available. Can anyone think of a solution to this problem?

[Updated on: Tue, 13 May 2008 18:17]

•  
ahoutzer

Okay, I guess that was a dud. The answer seems to be no, you can't do that. So, here is a follow-up question:

Since I cannot do what I need to do with CalDAV, and Kerio seems to be recommending CalDAV over the iSyncConnector, then (question for Kerio): what is the future of the iSyncConnector for Mac? Is it about to be cancelled, to be replaced by the more reliable but (in this instance) less functional CalDAV? Will Kerio keep both of these? I don't want to be dependent on the iSyncConnector if Kerio is going to stop supporting it.
  •  
My IT Indy

You will need iSync connector for Addressbook. I would bet it's not going anywhere.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
stevvot

Why do you have to use the Kerio Sync Connector for Address Book when you can just use the Address Book connect to Exchange Isync method? Does the Kerio Sync Connector add some other benefit? Like hopefully syncing Address Book groups (crosses fingers)?
Previous Topic: Bypass DNS Lookups
Next Topic: Mailing list archvie accessible thru webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 10:32:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.