Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » newbie Kerio - questions ldap/imap integration
  •  
koenpp

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I'm a newbie regarding Kerio Mailserver. I want to replace a 2000 Exchange SBS with a Kerio Mailserver running on a linux RedHat v9 box. First impression is amazing, very nice interface and easy installation.
However I have a lot of problems with the authentication. I configured to use the 2000 AD server for authentication, I cannot get it to work. I imported the users, but they appear with no password in the users.cfg file. On outlook it then keeps asking for the credentials.

A second problem I have is that I do not want to use pst files, but keep all files centrally and use a backup archive. This can be best done I think with imap. I'm not familiar with this protocol, so is this possible for this kind of purpose and what's the base map called? Is this /public or #public.
We are using outlook 2000 currently, I believe I then have to change this profile from corporate to internet to be able to use imap. Are there other solutions which have less impact for the users?

Then thirdly I succeed in exporting the users to have a global kind of address list. I can see it in webmail, but can I also see this in the outlook client as a standard list?
In exchange public there are several other lists for groups of people, how do I implement those in Kerio to have them accessable for everyone.

I have read the manual 2 times but find it sometimes a bit confusing and the information I need cannot be found in the manual. Hope someone would like to share his advise on this.

Kind Regards,
Koen
Previous Topic: anyone having problems with aol?
Next Topic: McAfee Wntreprise Edtion
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 01:25:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00386 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.