Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Admin Console cant connect to Kerio Mailserver
  •  
sqcconcepts

Send a private message to this user
For a customer of me I've moved Kerio Mailserver to a new server. The new server is installed with Fedora Core 6 and KMS 6.5.0 patch 1. The new mailserver has the same hostname & IP-address as the old mailserver which is switched off now. Only the physical machine (and OS) has changed. The old server was installed with RedHat 9.

I am using the Kerio Admin Console from a Windows 2003 server. After the server 'switch' the admin console cannot login to the KMS anymore (from the 2003-machine). But, local on the new Fedora server, the Admin Console works fine. I've uninstalled the admin console, manually deleted the folder under the C:\PROGRAM FILES folder and re´nstalled Admin Console, but this had no effect.

When you set up a connection with a KMS from Admin Console for the first time, the Admin Console normally gives a security message/warning. After re´nstalling the Admin Console on the 2003-machine of my customer, I didn't got the security message. I think that this is the problem.

Can somebody tell me how to make Admin Console working on the 2003 machine?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Remove the file c:\Document and Settings\username\Application Data\Kerio\Admin\known_hosts.cfg

By re-installing KMS server the security certificate used for secure Admin connection has been changed. Now the Administration Console refuses to connect to the server because changed certificate usually means man-in-the-middle attack to the communication protocol. SSH use same approach.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:20]

•  
sqcconcepts

The file you mentioned didn't exist on my 2003 server in the user profiles.

I've updated the KMS to 6.5.1 and installed the 6.5.1 Admin Console. Now I get error 10065. I am connecting the mailserver at it's internal IP-address.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Error 10065 means "No route to host" which indicates that there is a problem with networking on the client.
  •  
sqcconcepts

Thanks for your answers. The problem seems to be solved now: the firewall was blocking on the KMS.

Which port do I have to add to the firewall for using Admin Console?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

TCP/UDP 44337

You can find this information in the Administrator's guide manual (highly recommended for reading).
Previous Topic: iCal / Caldav - Share events/meetings?
Next Topic: Archive Path
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 10:03:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00402 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.