Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » POP3 to KOFF? (Can I convert POP3 accounts to KOFF accounts?)
  •  
cthomas

Send a private message to this user

Just installed KMS 6.5.1 and everything seems to be working great. I would love to convert all my old POP3 users over to KOFF users. Is there an easy automatic way to do this?

So far I have been installing KOFF and setting up the Kerio account then manually uploading all the old POP mail to the KOFF folders via the client with drag and drop. Then deleteing the old POP account. As you can imagine this is time consuming and Outlook only allows you to drag and drop one folder at a time. Some of my users have several dozen folders and 100s of MB of mail!!!

Is there an easier way to get this old POP mail into the Kerio account on the server? Thanks.

- C. Thomas

All the users are on XP and Outlook 2007 SP1.
  •  
ccjwells

If I remember correctly, you can just export their entire POP mail store and then import it back into KOFF. It's not automated really, but it would demand less of your face time to get it started.
  •  
sedell

The POP mail store is already in a PST. There are instructions in the knowledge base to import a PST, but they don't work with KOFF (Kerio needs to update that to say it only works with KOC).

I've tried a straight import to KOFF from a PST through Outlook 2003, and that didn't work properly either. For some reason, a lot of the mail came over with only the first 6 or 7 header lines, but nothing else.

You could always use the KOC for the import, and follow the import procedure in the knowledge base. Use that to import the mail, then set the user up on KOFF when it's done.

Scott
  •  
sgovind

i dont know i make sense or not but... connect to the server and attach the pst in that profile where u have downloaded ur old mails and make that pst as default pst .

my 2 cents

KMS Version: 6.5.2
O/S : CentOS 5.2
KOFF : 12 clients
Webmail: 53 Clients
LDAP : Active Directory
  •  
cthomas

I think I understand what you are trying to say but I'm not sure I understand the mechanics of it.

So create the new Kerio account and then somehow point it to he local POP .pst file? Will that work? and if so how do you do it?

Right now I have been exporting the old POP to a local .pst then create the Kerio profile and then import the .pst file into the new Kerio profile. It works but is still rather labor intensive and takes a hell of a lot of time for users with a lot of mail.

- C. Thomas
  •  
sedell

cthomas wrote on Thu, 15 May 2008 10:49

So create the new Kerio account and then somehow point it to he local POP .pst file? Will that work? and if so how do you do it?
That won't work. The KOFF message store has to be the default message store. It won't work properly otherwise. You can still open a PST from the KOFF profile, but not to have mail delivered to it.

cthomas wrote on Thu, 15 May 2008 10:49

Right now I have been exporting the old POP to a local .pst then create the Kerio profile and then import the .pst file into the new Kerio profile. It works but is still rather labor intensive and takes a hell of a lot of time for users with a lot of mail.
There shouldn't be a need to export to a PST. Outlook already stores POP mail in a PST file. Just grab a copy of that one. You'll save a lot of time by not exporting everything.

Scott
  •  
cthomas

Thanks for that. Making a copy of the POP .pst is much easier than doing an export.

A few things like reading pane settings, signature settings and columns viewed don't get transfered over but at least I can set each machine and then walk away until it is done. Thanks.

- C. Thomas
Previous Topic: KOFF and shared folders
Next Topic: German: KSP 6.5.0-5116 Verbindungsfehler
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 07:51:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00464 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.