Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » email log analysis tool?
  •  
jmergy

Send a private message to this user
I tried Sawmill, but they don't yet have support for the new KMS 6.5 log format.

Anyone else out there trying to run some analysis on the log files from kerio?
  •  
Lyle M

The Sawmill folks are currently working on support for the 6.5 Kerio mail log file. The request is in their "free queue," which takes a back seat to paid requests.

I recommend contacting Sawmill. At the very least, they could tell you how far along KMS support is. They are very knowledgeable and responsive in my experience. The product is fantastic and you will likely find uses for it beyond just your Kerio logs.

If you're in a time crunch, they also offer a priority queue for log support requests. The cost is very reasonable, dare I say, "cheap."

Hey Kerio guys! If you have documentation on your log formats, sharing it with Sawmill is a good idea.

All the best,
Lyle M
  •  
jmergy

I did try Sawmill and I know it is great for the many times I have used it for Apache and IIS logs. They do list Kerio as a supported format, but alas 6.5.x is not yet supported.

lylehm wrote on Mon, 19 May 2008 05:14

The Sawmill folks are currently working on support for the 6.5 Kerio mail log file. The request is in their "free queue," which takes a back seat to paid requests.

I recommend contacting Sawmill. At the very least, they could tell you how far along KMS support is. They are very knowledgeable and responsive in my experience. The product is fantastic and you will likely find uses for it beyond just your Kerio logs.

If you're in a time crunch, they also offer a priority queue for log support requests. The cost is very reasonable, dare I say, "cheap."

Hey Kerio guys! If you have documentation on your log formats, sharing it with Sawmill is a good idea.

All the best,
Lyle M

•  
Lyle M

KMS 6.5 mail logs are now supported by Sawmill. The necessary cfg file may need to be requested, but is available for free.

Regards,
Lyle M

UPDATE: Looks like requesting it isn't necessary! See below.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 June 2008 20:31]

•  
ferrar

I represent Flowerfire, the makers of Sawmill.

Due to a high volume of requests, this plug-in enhancement made it to the front of our "free" queue, and we have implemented it free of charge. The new plug-in, which supports the format of the mail.log, security.log, and spam.log, is attached to this post. To use this plug-in, put it in the LogAnalysisInfo\log_formats folder of your Sawmill installation, and create a new profile. Please email support<_a.t_>sawmill.net if you have any problems with this plug-in. This plug-in will appear in the standard releases of future versions of Sawmill.

UPDATE: June 18, 2008. I have uploaded a new version of this file, which fixes a small bug which could cause an error about v.remainder, if some lines didn't match the expected format. The previous one was downloaded 26 times, so if you're one of those 26, you may want to grab the latest.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 June 2008 20:26]

-
Greg Ferrar
Flowerfire, Inc.
Previous Topic: Help with iPhone and SSL
Next Topic: Connector offline
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 10:48:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00433 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.