Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Sync Connector not working? Adress Book / iCal won't sync
  •  
p0ddie

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

setup is the following:

KMS 6.5.0 Patch 1 on a 10.4.11 Server Xserve G5
Xserve has Open Directory turned on, but KMS users are set up in the KMS
Client is an Intel iMac with 10.4.11 and newest Sync Connector

I have installed it and tried syncing the huge Address Book on it with KMS, no luck.

The User I have set up in the Sync connector has admin rights. The Address Book is purely local, no other LDAP servers installed. The Address book consists of roughly 4,000 contacts in different groups. When trying to sync via the connector, the connector menu presents me "contacts" and "public contacts" - none of my groups show up. That's ok since I will lose the groups and use categories probably.

Anyway, after about 2 minutes of syncing the sync connector tells me all went fine, but my address book stays the same (I tried entering a user directly into the web gui to see if it at least sync one way) and there is no single contact in my contacts on the server.

Also I have a problem syncing my ical calendars. I had WebDAV hosted calendars which I downloaded. I then cancelled the subscriptions in iCal, imported the different .ics files into their separate calendars - no success syncing them. I end up being able to pick which calendars (the local ones) I want to sync, can't pick a single one of them and also can't pick "sync all" - the checkboxes just won't work.

I will try this on a completely different Mac next week, but do I do something completely wrong or is this a buggy behaviour with a known workaround?
  •  
fjcons

I'm just bumping this post back up to the top. I have a user that is experiencing the same issues.
Situation:
Two Mac Pros running Mac OS 10.4.11
One iPhone
One Blackjack (no longer involved)
KMS 6.5.2
KSC 6.5.2

It seems that one of the users deleted all of the contacts off of her Blackjack when she got rid of it. It then synchronized with the server before she wiped it. Computer 1 lost all contacts. Computer 2 denied changes. I exported the contacts, and then allowed the changes to happen. Imported the contacts, and repaired the sync using the data from computer 2. I then configured the iPhone to connect to the KMS. It pulled all 2300 contacts down. I can see all of the contacts via webmail. Computer 1 will not pull the contacts down. Test computers will not pull the contacts nor the calendar down.
Is there something that I'm missing? Perhaps there is a limit (bug) in how much data KSC can handle at once? Yes, I have searched the forums, but if I missed something I do apologize. Thank you for your time.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 September 2008 00:06]

•  
My IT Indy

Can you repair the connection within KSC and force the server contacts to over-write the local contacts?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
fjcons

I have tried to repair the connection within KSC. Every time I try that, it runs for a few minutes and then tells me that the synchronization was successful. I've tried it with Address Book and iCal open, closed, and combinations of the two.
The testing I have done has been on new accounts on different machines, the problem account, different locations, and times when KMS is under very little load. My next test will be to create a blank account on KMS and push around the same amount of contacts through it.
  •  
p0ddie

Hi,

two things that worked out these issues for a co-worker of mine:

1. use the newest sync conector (ask the Kerio support for it)
2. check your adress book for corrupted entries: my co-worker's customer had some binary data in one of the entires, that's why the sync failed. Check the log of the sync connector to see where it jams and then delete/modify that contact.
  •  
fjcons

Forgive me for my ignorance, but where do I find that log? I have searched through the Console and hard drive, but nothing comes up. Watching the console.log, I see some information running through, but nothing to do with the synchronization itself. Thanks for the assistance.
  •  
fjcons

Okay, I've found the log. The problem seems to lie in a contact: "contact12199457324.eml". I have gone over to the server, and looked in it's data folders, but have not found that file. The closest thing in there are files such as "000032f5.eml" Any ideas? Thanks, again.
  •  
p0ddie

well... you could log in as root and do a spotlight search on that file. it will either be in the contacts folder of the user you are trying to sync or in one of the public adresses…
Previous Topic: Kerio Exchange Migration Tool
Next Topic: iPhone POP or IMAP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 15:22:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.