Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Max size of the datastore
  •  
Aarnold

Send a private message to this user
what is the max size of what the data store can be on Kerio? GB wise?
  •  
winkelman

The limit is with your OS, not with Kerio.

But you'd better ask how big you think a reasonable mailbox should be. Because the bigger the mailboxes, the more difficult the backup, the more slower the synchronizations, etc. etc.

I think you shouldn't go much above a few GB per user. That will keep everything fairly ok and could be said to be within reason of what a mailbox may deliver.
  •  
jaikudo

Don't forget that users using mail clients (not-Webmail) can also have personal/local folders which are not counted towards the quota in Kerio. These are suitable for archives. Outlook can also automatically archive.

As regards the datastore, this consists of individual EML files and any limit on the size and number of those will be imposed by the filesystem. Modern systems like NTFS or EXT3 are unlikely to ever hit these limits.
  •  
sedell

jaikudo wrote on Fri, 23 May 2008 06:07

Outlook can also automatically archive.

Don't count on that. It doesn't work with KOC. It produces very quirky and unreliable results, and when I contacted support, I was told it's not supported.

I haven't tested with KOFF yet, but it's on my to-do list. Not having archive/auto-archive is causing problems, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will work. It's not in the release notes as added, so I'm not getting too hopeful yet.

Scott
Previous Topic: Synchronisation issue with entourage 2008
Next Topic: Outgoing Message Size Limit?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 04:52:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00482 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.