Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail thru IE returns "Session Expired" (Firefox works, but IE6, IE7, and Safari don't)
  •  
mfukuyama

Send a private message to this user
We had been testing Kerio and Zimbra for about 3 weeks now, and almost decided to go with Kerio upon moving to new building in June.

Our test environment was
Xserve G5 running 10.4.11 server as OD master
iMac c2d running 10.5.2 (desktop) as Kerio 6.5.0 patch 1 server

It worked fine, so I tried to install Kerio on another Xserve G5 which was running 10.4.11 server, OD connected.
Then it start returning "Session Expired" message in Webmail login window on IE7. I've tried IE6 and Safari, but same result.
However Firefox works.
I've tried Opera, and it works, but with Simplified Session. (I guess because browser is not supported)
It doesn't matter whether desktop OS is Windows or Mac OS.
Outlook clients work with KOFF.
Mail.app and iCal on Mac work.

Since it was working on iMac (10.5.2), I've upgraded Xserve (Kerio box) to 10.5.2, but same result.

I've looked at couple of previous threads, and tried suggestions in there. They don't work for my case.

Will someone point me where should I look next?

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I would start with enabling HTTP server logging and PHP Engine messages in the KMS debug log and then contact our technical support at http://support.kerio.com.
  •  
Pavel Stepanek (Kerio)

Hello,

In following knowledge base article you can find some other descriptions of this problem http://support.kerio.com/kb/322.

This usually happens when something corrupts the session so the KMS close the session due to security reasons/or really somehow the session timeout expires. Is there any proxy/firewall between KMS machine and your email client? Is this happening also from the KMS machine itself? We have no known problem with this so it points to some local behavior of your server.

You can also check logs for some information. There can be more descriptive reason displayed.
  •  
mfukuyama

Hello pstepanek,
Thank you for input.
I've already checked that KB.
Both server and clients are in our test subnet and no proxy/firewall in between.
Safari browser on KMS box returns same result.

I've just set http and PHP Engine logging on, and will see what debug log say.
  •  
mfukuyama

I had tried couple more browsers, and it seems only if User Agent Header has Gecko/, KMS let users log in.

If browser other than "Gecko/" tries, php SessionManager don't get session ID.

After GET request for URI /default/index.php

SessionManager: called getSession with ID=, resetExpireTimeout=TRUE
SessionID= not found in the session table.
SessionManager: getSession(ID=) didn't found the session, returning NULL
are logged for MSIE or Safari.

SessionManager: called getSession with ID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, SessionManager: getSession(ID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) returns session of user=johndoe<_a.t_>test.xxx.com
are logged for Firefox.

•  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

Did you try to uncheck the 'Force WebMail logout...' option in the Advanced options -> Webmail?
Have you tested any of the failing browsers from the mailserver itself, by connecting to the localhost? This would confirm whether or not the session is broken by the network communication.
For these types of issues, please use our technical support. It is available to you during your evaluation. http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
mfukuyama

"Force WebMail logout" option doesn't change anything.

I had tried failing browser from the mailserver itself with FQDN, no luck.
However connecting to localhost, it works.
So does this suggest broken session caused by network communication?

I had issued support ticket(ARX-244640) yesterday morning, but so far no response from Kerio, yet.

I had updated KMS to 6.5.1, and OS to 10.5.3 today.

Previous Topic: Importing tons of contacts with Entourage 2008 fails
Next Topic: SMTP Diagnostic Code 599?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 06:45:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00400 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.