Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » email deleted not visible
  •  
lirees

Send a private message to this user
Hello everyone
I have a big problem with kms 6.5.1 and outlook (connected with imap)
sometimes when I delete an e-mail or a notification of reading, in the Deleted Items I find a blank email that I can not select and delete.
with kerio webmail I have no problem

I use fc5, kms 6.5.1, office 2003 sp3
  •  
jaikudo

lirees wrote on Wed, 28 May 2008 09:22

sometimes when I delete an e-mail or a notification of reading, in the Deleted Items I find a blank email that I can not select and delete.
with kerio webmail I have no problem

I have also seen this problem, or something very similar, but affecting other folders such as the Inbox. This is on KMS 6.5.0 and using KOC with Outlook 2003 SP2. Whole blocks of emails are blank and unselectable in Outlook but fine in Webmail. I had not connected the issue to deletion but I guess that is possible. So far three of our users are affected.

We are upgrading to 6.5.1 tonight in the hope that this will fix it. If you are getting the same problem in 6.5.1 then that is not a good sign.

Edit: I have attached a screenshot. Can you confirm that this is the same as you get?

[Updated on: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:38]

•  
lirees

yesss... i was the same problem
I have done other check, a user with office 2007 sp1 and koc 6.5.1 has this problem in the incoming mail.

I tried:

1) delete the file properties.fld from the folder corrupt, restart kms and outlook

2) re-create another user and transfer all emails

3)rename the file index.fld in index.bad and restart kms and outlook

but the problem has always been resubmitted after a few minutes
  •  
jaikudo

...so it seems that it is something about the emails themselves that Outlook/KOC objects to.

We have tried connecting to an affected mailbox from a different PC and that shows the same problems. This rules out corruption in the individual Outlook installs. Our server has had a reboot (for other reasons) and that did not help.

Mapping the same mailbox by pure IMAP (even in Outlook) shows no problems. That would seem to point the finger at KOC.

Have you submitted this as a fault to the Kerio support team? If not, I think you should.

I will wait until after we are on 6.5.1 and then, assuming it is still the same, I will also report it as a fault.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:24]

•  
Vink

I have the same problem, and opened a ticket.

Background:
KMS was upgraded last Saturday from 6.4.1 to 6.5.1. The (linux) server is currently used by 86 users. Mail
clients are Outlook 2003 Dutch (NL). Most users have no problems. About 5 users have the problems as
described above. The result very much looks like this picture:
http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=getfile&id=1338& S=f61983d58e04814ab344e5c7f6b4f1a1
Also no problems when viewing the mailbox with webmail.

I just finished configuring a brand new pc (XP SP2) with Outlook 2003 SP3 and configured one of my
problem users on it. The problem remains.

Next I installed the Offline connector and let the mailbox synchronise. The problem is then gone. This points the problem to KOC 6.5.1 imho. Using KOFF seems to be a possible workaround, but isn't really a solution (desktop pc's).

•  
ccjwells

I had a similar problem with one of my users where the email in his drafts folder suddenly started displaying as blanks. I was able to fix it by recreating the Outlook profile on the local system.
  •  
lirees

someone has some news for resolving this problem?
  •  
Vink

Support replied it might be corruption of an index and suggested to try http://support.kerio.com/kb/84
Since I haven't been at the office today, I wasn't able to test this yet.
  •  
lirees

I tried several times to rebuild the index, but the problem has always returned after a few hours
  •  
sqcconcepts

Vink wrote on Wed, 04 June 2008 21:19

Support replied it might be corruption of an index and suggested to try http://support.kerio.com/kb/84
Since I haven't been at the office today, I wasn't able to test this yet.

I have the same problem in 2 mailboxes on my customers KMS server (Fedora Core 6, KMS 6.5.1, Outlook 2003 SP3 Dutch). I've tried to regenerate the INDEX.FLD file in users inbox (by using the suggested URL mentioned above), but this had no effect at all. In Webmail all items in the inbox are shown normally, in Outlook (connected by KOC 6.5.1), the mails that are shown as 'unread' in Webmail are shown by an empty rule in the inbox with no date.

Please help.
  •  
tripper54

Hi,

I'm also having this problem (KMS 6.5.2 on CentOS, KOC on Outlook 2007).

I've tried recreating the index.FLD file, to no avail.

I'd love to hear if anyone has any other ideas for this.
  •  
mayfield

same problem here did the 6.42 -> 6.52 and one user has massive problems using outlook2003 and KerioOutlookConnector.

i tested some by moving mails into different folders but all these mails where not viewable somehow ... very strange situation and KERIO please give us a fix.

thx
  •  
tripper54

I have had this happen to a few users now, and have managed to figure out a fix that has worked so far.

Tried renaming the index.fld file to index.bad, but that did not work.

So I tried renaming all the .fld files in the offending folder to .bad , and this seemed to fix the problem.

Hope this helps.
  •  
Vink

Deleting the offending properties.fld file(s) sort of 'solves' the problem. You can even do this recursive, as long as the user isn't connected while you do this.
Previous Topic: Domain pop download
Next Topic: particular users mails should go to particular person
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 12:03:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00528 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.