Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » New Hardware and New IP (Client side IP change)
  •  
LizMcn

Send a private message to this user
I am planning on replacing the hardware that Kerio runs on, seeing as this will mean giving the Server a new IP address I was wondering if anyone knows of a way I can script the IP address change on the clients (outlook XP/2003/2007 all with KOC)?

Thanks
LM
  •  
My IT Indy

You should use DNS, this is exactly what it is meant to do.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
LizMcn

Fair point but seeing as I have used the local IP of the Kerio server in the KOC setup till now I will need to change this to a domain reference on all of the clients….

So any ideas on how I can script / automate this?

Thanks
  •  
jdieler

Hi,

how did you solved your problem?
I am facing the same problem right now.
We want to change the ip-adress to an DNS-Name, but don't want to go to everyone of our Clients.

Thanks

Jochen
  •  
rigo

you guys are going to have to setup dns at your clients.

if you owned the old IP depending on what firewal hardware you have, one could route data from old IP to new IP

but changing the clients to use a name is the way to go, that way server IP can change at anytime and client would never know.
Previous Topic: mail rejected
Next Topic: Upgrading to 6.5.2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 11:21:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00428 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.