Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to query LDAP server
  •  
RyeGuyWpg

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to query the LDAP server using ldapsearch but am not getting any results. I've been looking for some information as to what searchbase to use or other info but have not been successful. I am new to LDAP so I am most likely just doing something wrong as I have my Apple Addressbook using the LDAP server and it is working fine.
Here is the command I've been trying;
ldapsearch -h domain.com -p 390 -x -W -LLL
I've tried various combinations but no go. Obviously domain.com is the hostname of my LDAP server and I am doing this on my LAN so the firewall is not the issue. I don't get any errors, just nothing returned. I've tried adding searches by adding "(sn=Jones)" but stlll nothing returned.
Any suggestions would help.
Thx
  •  
RyeGuyWpg

I've just spent more time on this and I cannot get my contacts list. I'm trying to use Addressbook xLdap (I had the same results using ldapsearch as mentioned in my original post) and not matter what I put as my searchbase, I can't get any contacts returned. I've tried an empty searchbase (as used in Apple Address Book), fn=Contacts, cn=<my email address>, dc=<domainname>.
Is there anywhere to get more information on the Kerio LDAP configuration?
  •  
matthealey

I don't think anyone has actually gotten LDAP lookup in AddressBook working... Would that be a fair statement?
  •  
RyeGuyWpg

Actually, I have it working fine with AddressBook. That was easy enough to setup. I'm trying to get it to work with a third party addressbook (ABxLDAP) and it requires a searchbase to update the LDAP DB.
Also, I should be able to query the LDAP server using ldapsearch but I can't.
Previous Topic: How to custom event label ?
Next Topic: Apple Address Book & LDAP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 01:03:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.