Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Help with iPhone and SSL
  •  
cthomas

Send a private message to this user
I am having a hell of a time getting an iPhone to connect to Kerio over SSL. The manuals just briefly touch on the subject and don't break it out step by step like they do for most for the other email clients.

I have been trying to set it up as an exchange client, should I use IMAP instead? Should authentication be password or NTLM? And what about ports? Incoming at 993 and outgoing at 587?

Any way to get the warning that comes up about the self signed certificate to go away? Anyway to install the cert into the iPhone?

Thanks.

- C. Thomas

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Use IMAP connection.

Incoming mail server : mailserver_hostname
Outgoing mail server : mailserver_hostname:25

This will use IMAP port 943 and SMTP port 25, authentication is always Password.

SSL cert warning is displayed only once at the time you setup new mail account on iPhone (actually twice - one for IMAP test and second for SMTP test).

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
cthomas

Yes, I am having better luck with the IMAP setup over Exchange.

I thought incoming on SSL would be port 993 not 943.

Does SMTP on port 25 use SSL, shouldn't it be 465?

Thanks.

- C. Thomas
  •  
sonofcolin

Yes, 993 for IMAPS.
Have you looked at your logs for when the iphone tries to connect? What does it say? No connection logs normally means you have a firewall issue.
  •  
cthomas

Well, I've gotten it to work reliably over WiFi. Both inside our company network and outside. However, via Edge it doesn't work at all, which doesn't make any sense, it just sits and spins and says "Connecting to server". I mean if it works on external WiFi it should work on Edge to. I suspect this is an iPhone issue as opposed to Kerio but I'm not sure what the next step is.

- C. Thomas
  •  
My IT Indy

It's a DNS issue I'm guessing.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: KOFF not showing some Attachments
Next Topic: email log analysis tool?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 05:01:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.