Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » mail queue blank from
  •  
sirjosi

Send a private message to this user
Im seeing a lot of blank froms going to emails outside my network. Are all of them messages from the mailserver? If not, what does this mean? I know Im not an open relay...and am not in any blacklists. I hope this doesnt mean malicious people are able to send through my server...

[Updated on: Thu, 25 March 2004 02:11]

pay it forward
-sirjosi
  •  
Tr!une

Blank From fields (usually shown as <>) are typically associated with delivery or read reciepts. If someone sends you a message with the "Request a Read Reciept" and you permit those to be returned, they will look like the blank From messages. This is how it supposed to work according to one of the SMTP RFCs.

In Outlook you can set up your clients to not acknowledge the "Read Reciepts" which will just ignore the request and not send anything back. It is technically against an RFC, but is common practice.

•  
sirjosi

I see. Thanks for the info!

pay it forward
-sirjosi
Previous Topic: Limited domains and users in demo version?
Next Topic: kerio backup
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 06:30:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00343 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.