Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » leopard's address book exchange sync feature changes too much data
  •  
YesThatAllen

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone else seen this?

I was using address book's Synchronize with Exchange feature.

I kept on getting prompted to sync ~90% of my data tho, and afterwards, all my display orders were switch from First/Last name to Last/First name.
Additionally, all Company cards were reset to non-company cards.

This has happened 3-4 times now, with complete resets of the kerio based data in between.

How can I prevent this?

I was getting the same issue when using the kerio sync connector, but additionally, when it happened, all my groups were being emptied. at least with the Exchange connection, my groups remain in-tact

Thanks
-Allen Hancock

Allen Hancock
  •  
Kerio_Ken

We have tested this with iSync connector, and it works in our tests.

However, this could happen if multiple clients are syncing the contacts folder. One client (anything -- KSP on Outlook, a phone, or Entourage, KOFF anything) changes a bunch of the contacts (probably removing info needed to support groups and other fields you are noticing are missing) then the KSP is going to notice a change and re-synchronize 90%.

If you enable debug logging for all contact sync protocols: WebDAV server requests, ActiveSync, SyncML, and KOFF, we should be able to detect how the contacts are changing. In iSync, do not agree to re-synchronize, then when the pop-up appears to do this, stop debug logging.

Please list all clients known to sync this folder.

I think this should be handled in a support ticket. Do you have one opened?

Thanks,
Ken
  •  
YesThatAllen

I have a support ticket open, I can submit all the logs you'd like on that.

I posted here to see if it was "just me" and what others have done about the first/last name syncing error.

as for me, it just happened again. I accidentally clicked "sync" and BAM all my contacts were out of their groups, and the first/last names were skewed.

Allen Hancock
  •  
mikotekniko

I have this same issue. I replaced all my contacts on the server and it worked fine for a week or so. Today it started acting up again and wants to change the sorting (last name, first name) and erase other data as birthday and notes. This affects all of my contacts.

My setup:

iPhone 2.0
KMS 6.5.2
Mobile Me
  •  
YesThatAllen

Were you syncing via the Kerio connector, or via the built in sync with Exchange?

Allen Hancock
  •  
mikotekniko

Built in Exchange sync.
  •  
benjah

I too am having the same issues, and so have switched to the Kerio Sync Connector, with hit / miss functionality. Currently, I'm getting a duplicate list of contacts when using the iPhone, and searching contacts. There aren't duplicates in my Address Book, and there aren't dupes on the Kerio Web / Contacts, so I'm not sure why these are showing up?

Also, on the Address Book connection; I was having the same sort of "modify more than..." messages, but the other issue was that there wasn't any sort of dialog (other than the change dialog) telling me that the sync was actually happening, and at a certain point, that sync just stopped. I could look at the 1623 contacts in Address Book, force what I believe to be a manual sync to Kerio, and nothing changed - no updated number of contacts. That's when I stopped using Address Book and switched back to KSC, only to now have the duplicate issue..

running 6.5.2, latest release, on Intel Xserve running Leopard...

•  
justcured

Although this thread is a year old, I don't see a resolution in it or in any other thread I can find.

And, I am experiencing the same issue. Running the latest versions of KMS and Mac OS X Leopard. Synching contacts between Mac Address Book and KMS using the Exchange synch feature of Address book.

The first thing I see is that Address Book is not passing some field data into KMS contacts when the contacts are first created -- birthdays specifically. I began looking around when I got the display order change on all contacts this morning.

Right now, testing this on a single user synching desktop address book, iPhone contacts and server.

Any thoughts?
  •  
anthony.somerset

in my testing i have found apples sync with exchange feature somewhat half baked, preferring the kerio sync utility as it is more reliable

while we wait for kerio to release an update that allows them to be compatible with the exchange 2007 protocol (OWA) i would reccomend using the kerio sync utility for syncing contacts

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
Previous Topic: Kerio MailServer and Mac OS X Snow Leopard
Next Topic: 554 Sending address not accepted due to spam filter
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 09:50:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00494 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.