Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.4.1 Webmail + Firefox 3 RC2/3
  •  
padonker

Send a private message to this user
I downed Firefox 3 RC2 and later RC3, but now I cannot send mail any more through webmail.
Whenever I compose a new message the send button is inert; nothing happens. Also trying to save the message to draft results in nothing.
I've addressed this to Bugzilla, but nobody seems to care.
Anybody else experienced this behaviour?

Thanks
Patrick
  •  
My IT Indy

Can you update to v6.5.1?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
winkelman

padonker wrote on Thu, 12 June 2008 23:21

I downed Firefox 3 RC2 and later RC3, but now I cannot send mail any more through webmail.

KMS 6.4.1 is not compatible with Firefox 3.x (as you can see in the specifications). The latest KMS (6.5.1) is 'beta' compatible with FF3 and the next KMS after FF3 goes final will officially support FF3.
  •  
padonker

Whats' so different about FF3 that it doesnt work any longer?
Isnt a send button not just a standard html function??
  •  
sedell

What's different about IE that some sites only work in it? Browsers are very much different from one another in how they work, including how they support standard HTML. When it comes to dynamic sites, like webmail, the difference is even greater because support for javascript differs so much from browser to browser.

Scott
  •  
jshaw541

padonker wrote on Sat, 14 June 2008 03:31

Whats' so different about FF3 that it doesnt work any longer?
Isnt a send button not just a standard html function??

FF3 is a major revamp of the HTML rendering engine. Update to KMS 6.5.1 for (beta) FF3 compatibility. The version of KMS you are using is a few versions old.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
pantera10

Hi all,

Just for information, I confirm that Firefox3 Final works fine with KMS'webmail 6.5.1

Regards,
Aurélien.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 June 2008 10:11]

Kerio Connect 7.0.1 on Open Suse 11.1 64 bits
Outlook 2007 with KOFF. 100 users
  •  
padonker

Thanks for all the feedback
  •  
lodewijk

but right-click seems broken!
  •  
jstookey

I noticed the same problem with Firefox 3.0 in both Windows and Linux and kerio mailserver 6.4.2. I was able to work around it by turning off the webmail setting for "mail composing"->"compose messages in html format".

I hope that helps.

Jake
  •  
tiberius0101

I suggest to wait for an dedicated kms update which supports Firefox 3 natively.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 June 2008 22:53]

•  
pantera10

lodewijk wrote on Wed, 18 June 2008 20:34

but right-click seems broken!

Sorry but Firefox 3.0 Final works fine with KMS 6.5.1, the right-click also works perfectly.
Are you sure that you have at the lat version of KMS? If not, why don't you upgrade?
If you see the releas history
(http://www.kerio.eu/kms_history.html)
you can see that firefox 3.0 is supported since KMS 6.5.
I don't think Kerio will make a dedicated upgrade for support of Firefox 3.0 with KMS 6.4.1 whereas Firefox 3.0 works with the last version of KMS Razz

Kerio Connect 7.0.1 on Open Suse 11.1 64 bits
Outlook 2007 with KOFF. 100 users
  •  
chrisrosa

Right-click for Mac OS 10.5.x (Leopard) is definitely (kinda) broken in FF3.

Basically webmail ignores right-clicks from the mouse. If you use the CTRL key in conjunction w/ the left-click, you'll get the proper drop-down menu. One caveat though, you'll need to deselect the CTRL key in order to actually select something in the menu.

Also of note, any time webmail pops out a new window, the toolbar is not hidden as it was typically.

Both fairly minor issues of course, but you know how easily endusers are befuddled. Wink
  •  
chrisrosa

I checked this right-click issue in FF3 under both WinXP and Ubuntu, no problem, so perhaps just an OS X issue?

[Updated on: Fri, 20 June 2008 01:30]

•  
sonofcolin

Quote:

I checked this right-click issue in FF3 under both WinXP and Ubuntu, no problem, so perhaps just an OS X issue?

It's been like this forever with webmail and all versions of Firefox. You have to use the ctrl key. No big deal.
Previous Topic: test YOUR6.51, mail.abc.com/config/
Next Topic: Failed to perform initial folder synchronization
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 03:57:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00588 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.