Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Exchange Alternative (remote sites, multiple servers)
  •  
brianjg

Send a private message to this user
hi guys,

i'm looking at kerio as a replacement for our existing exchange environment. Currently we have 3 servers(2 local, 1 at a remote site) plus a BES serves for 135 users. we are getting new windows mobile devices to replace the bes units to reduce operating costs.

we are planning on adding around 25 to 50 users so I started looking at kerio now that it has the offline option.

however how does kerio work with multiple servers handling the same domain. we need to be able to share contacts, calendars across the entire company & sites.

Has anyone got a similar setup?
  •  
My IT Indy

Why have 3 servers? Why not 1 hosted in a data center?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
brianjg

numerous reasons, slow link speed at remote sites, failure of ISP link leaves the site without access to existing email.

with exchange at least I can spread the workload or impact of a server failure. I still want to maintain that.

plus the additional cost of the DC rack space. then I need a VPN link to connect to my AD/LDAP.
  •  
My IT Indy

Kerio doesn't currently support clustering like you're looking for. However most of your issues could be alleviated with KOFF + SSL. Not everything unfortunately.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
brianjg

but are people really saying that I can put 125 users on 1 servers and because I'm using kerio the resource usage will be the same as 3 exchange servers?
  •  
My IT Indy

My answer is going to be "it depends"

Are you looking to run only KMS on the server? If so, 125 users isn't bad at all. The new KOFF connector for Outlook takes most of the burden off of the server for processing. I've got several clients that run 100+ users and one with 400+ on 1 server without issue.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
jshaw541

FWIW,

We're running KMS 6.5.1 on a single server, with over 1,200 active users. Heavy use of webmail over HTTPS and IMAP over SSL and we have plenty of resources to spare. Active Directory-integrated. More and more people are using KOFF and it *seems* like KOFF uses less resources than IMAP/SSL.

The server stats are in my sig.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
brianjg

thanks guys,

i'm doing some testing over the weekend but I need the migration tool. I submitted a request but heard nothing back yet. does anyone have a link where I can download it from?
Previous Topic: Can Not Post Form to Public Folder (or subfolder)
Next Topic: renaming Kerio Calendars
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 08:18:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00419 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.