Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Setting up the Calendar
  •  
cthomas

Send a private message to this user

My experience with calendar servers is primarily with Meeting Maker and I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to setup Kerio.

Specifically conferance room scheduling. In MM I can identify a resource and it basically has its own schedule. The only way I can figure out how to do that in Kerio is to create an email account for the conference room and make sure it is in the public contacts. Is this really the recomended way to do this? Is there a better method? It seems a shame to waste a valuable email account on a user that isn't a user.

In addition is there a best practices guide for setting up the calendar functions? I've read both the user guide and the Admin guide and am a little confused about shared versus private calendars. Thanks.

- C. Thomas
  •  
winkelman

There's no good way to have a calender for a 'resource'. There's simply no good way to do it. You could create a user for it, but since it's not an actual user, who's going to accept the invitation? There's no way to set an auto-accept AFAIK.

Best way AFAIk is to simply not use invitations and setup a shared calendar and let people manually create events there.
  •  
cthomas

wow. Well that sucks. So much for being an Exchange substitute. I just tried it and your right I can create a user for the conference room, I can invite them to the meeting but then since they can't accept it the meeting doesn't show up in the free/busy time for the room.

There must be a way around this. Surely others are using the calendar function to schedule conference rooms. I mean that has to be one of the primary functions of a shared calendar.

- C. Thomas
  •  
cthomas

I tried your suggestion of creating a different calendar for each conference room but that is not going to work for me either as then people have to check four different calendars to find an open room for a meeting and they don't get notices of upcoming meetings.

So I am back to using user accounts for the conference rooms. My work around will be to have the receptionist log in as a conference room every morning and accept all the meetings for all the conferences rooms and manually reconcile any double bookings.

I am still just dumbfounded that I have to do it this way. Seriously, I can't be the only one with this issue. How are other people managing their conference rooms?

- C. Thomas
  •  
wraa

No I have the same problem with 12 meetings room Shocked

•  
lodewijk

Same problem with 4 meeting rooms, 3 cars and some AV equipment
  •  
awj4

What does this mean then?

[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=1363&private=0[/img]

• Attachment: meeting.png
    (Size: 26.06KB, Downloaded 536 times)
  •  
wraa

there promise that in ver 6.6 there vill be a proper resource scheduling

but until then a fix vill be nice , a user with auto acpt.

peter
  •  
cthomas

The next version? Do a search on this forum for 'conference' There is a thread that is over two years old where they promise that this feature will be in the next version. I'm not holding my breath.

- C. Thomas

Here is the thread.
  •  
winkelman

cthomas wrote on Mon, 23 June 2008 14:51

...where they promise that this feature will be in the next version.

Kerio has always only said the feature was 'on the list'; that's also all that's said in the thread you're referring to. That doesn't mean it will be implemented in the next (or any) version. There must be a ton of features on that list that users are and have been requesting... It just means Kerio is aware of it.

In my experience, once a Kerio employee publicly and literally has stated some feature will be implemented in the next or some specific version x, it's true.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Indeed. Resource scheduling is at the top of the list. In fact, it is now in internal testing so it will be really in the next version.
  •  
syntaxcollector

like he said, I'm not holding my breath.

Is there any sort of scriptable interface for kerio? I could just script an auto-accept if there was. Cause I'm currently having to waste money on seats for conference rooms

Using a mac is a little different then using a pc. Its not so much operating a computer as it is tricking it, fooling it into what you want it to do. You kinda have to sneak up on a mac.
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

syntaxcollector wrote on Thu, 10 July 2008 19:05

like he said, I'm not holding my breath.

Is there any sort of scriptable interface for kerio? I could just script an auto-accept if there was. Cause I'm currently having to waste money on seats for conference rooms

As Kerio_pdobry mentioned, it will be in the next version, hopefully the internal testing is going very fast so we can get our hands on a beta, and hopefully a final release soon.

I hope kerio does a beta for Mailserver and Winroute at the same time, if not we first have to wait for a release of Winroute as this is currently in Beta 2 test. Personally I hope that one gets release soon to, as it has some nice new features.
  •  
generic_penguin

Kerio 6.6 is out of beta and now does this
Previous Topic: Convert Existing Account to a 6.6 Resource
Next Topic: Maximum database size
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:47:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00502 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.