Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Samsung Instinct
  •  
blphu

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone heard of the new Samsung Instinct phone? Any idea whether it will work with Kerio mail server?
  •  
winkelman

Any phone that can do IMAP or POP3 can contact KMS for email messaging, so most probably the Samsung Instinct will do that just fine. If you're looking for more syncing, I don't think it can. It only lists syncing with the 'Sprint website so your important data is always backed up'. That doesn't sound like it has licensed ActiveSync, which you'd probably need to fully sync with KMS...
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Has anyone gotten a Sprint Samsung Instinct to work with Kerio? I just had a user come in and ask me to set him up. I went through the steps to set up the email account to work with "OWA" (Just as I have done on numerous Iphones and Blackberries), but it didn't work.

I know I dealt with this a bit on the blackberry storms when I set things up, but once I accepted the certificate it works great. This phone doesn't give me the option.

Your help is appreciated.
Trent

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
cwachs

Anyone had any success with this? It seems from the logs on KMS that the Instinct is adding "/exchange" to the OWA URL that you enter. I've tried modifying it to mail.server.com/webmail/ but it tries to add /exchange to the end of that and it of course fails on the device. Is it possible to get the Instinct to sync? IMAP does work but trying to get calendars to sync which do work with Exchange 2003.

Here are some log examples when I try to set up an Instinct:

[25/Nov/2009 19:41:16][125678592] {webdav} PROPFIND /exchange/test received from remote host='208.87.200.178', user-agent='Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0.1'
[25/Nov/2009 19:41:16][125678592] {webdav} Cannot parse uri: /exchange/test
[25/Nov/2009 19:41:16][123069952] {webdav} GET /exchange/ received from remote host='208.87.200.229', user-agent='Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.0.1'
[25/Nov/2009 19:41:16][123069952] {webdav} Cannot parse uri: /exchange/
Previous Topic: Mailing Lists. Allow members (aliases) to post a message
Next Topic: normal acct - admin password
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 14:51:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00398 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.