Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SyncML & Funambol
  •  
alesque

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm currently testing Kerio Mail Server 6.5.1.

I would like to know if there is a way to keep in sync mobile device OTA through SyncML?

The official documentation mentions that SyncML is used by the Outlook connector. Could you please provide the URL used by the connector in order to set up the funambol client on my mobile device.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Alexandre
  •  
gbalbach

I think it is just http://you.mail.server/sync

FYI I just setup Funambol with my Sprint Blackberry 8703e. I setup the Funambol server software on another machine and installed the Outlook (2003) plug in to sync with Funambol - I am using KOFF and it works great. Both my blackberry and outlook sync their contacts and calendar items automatically without issue.

I am having a problem with notes - if I enter a new note on my blackberry it will error on the Outlook side when it tries to sync, still working on that one. In the mean time I set Outlook to one-way-sync notes with the Funambol server (pushes them to it) and on the Blackberry I set it to two way sync notes from the server.

I haven't tried task sync.

I tried with no success to get SyncJE to work with Kerio 6.5.1 - it wasn't reliable and each time I synced, my calendar items would duplicate, which was not good.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 July 2008 17:27]

•  
scottwilkins

I'm assuming you can only do this for a single user? If there was a way to remove the Outlook requirement, and handle multiple users, I'd be using this with funimbol today myself. Unfortunately, we are probably going to go the expensive Notify Link route very soon.
  •  
gbalbach

Multiple users isnt a problem - they are all stored on the Funambol server with their own ID's/Accounts.

Good luck with Notify Link, we looked at that, ran an in-house test drive, it worked as advertised but we didn't like the fact that it has a different email viewer that wasn't integrated with the built in blackberry one.
  •  
JonL

Sorry to dig up an old post

So basically you're syncing outlook to funambol and then syncing the BB to funambol and completely bypassing the Kerio server?

Has anyone gotten the exchange connector (or any other connector) working between funambol and kerio? My users need to be able to share calendars as well as sync to their BBs.
  •  
gbalbach

So basically you're syncing outlook to funambol and then syncing the BB to funambol and completely bypassing the Kerio server?

Correct, works nicely though.
  •  
davidjdean

JonL wrote on Thu, 16 October 2008 17:46

Has anyone gotten the exchange connector (or any other connector) working between funambol and kerio? My users need to be able to share calendars as well as sync to their BBs.

Did you or anybody get a solution to this problem without using the client machine ?

There is a Funambol Exchange plugin that uses WebDav that I belive Kerio uses. It askes for the name of the Webdav Exchange datastore ? Any ideas what this is in Kerio ?

Thanks

David
Previous Topic: A virus definition (DAT)
Next Topic: iPhone in exchange mode, mail getting "stuck"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 07:41:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00547 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.