Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » user created subfolder missing
  •  
monkeymissile

Send a private message to this user
Hi Folks,
one of my users created an email subfolder in her Kerio Exchange account (Entourage 2008) and when she recently moved some mail into it, the folder disappeared. It does show up through webmail, but a subsequent reboot of Entourage and then the Mac itself hasn't resolved it. Obviously the folder is still there, but Entourage can't see it. Any ideas? Thanks.
  •  
hugowren

Having the exact same problem. A user created folder in Entourage 2008 has disappeared but still exists in webmail. I can't find a way to force the folder to appear. Any ideas?
  •  
NigelH

have you tried right clicking on the account name in Entourage and selecting "Empty Cache". I believe this will force a refresh of the account and all the messages, folders and events.

Let us know.

Kerio Mail Server 6.7.2 Build 7821
Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
cthomas

I had the opposite problem were a user deleted a folder in Entourage but it was still present in webmail (and also on their iPhone.) I had them login to webmail and delete the folder there.

- C. Thomas
  •  
sfpete

I concur that emptying the cache will indeed fix it.

However - what is the cause... and fix?

Out of approximately 250 Kerio/Entourage 2008 users that we support, we need to do this for approximately 5 different people EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Their Entourage simply falls out of sync and entire folders are missing. They are always sitting there on the server/webmail.

It's a drag.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 June 2008 02:03]

•  
hugowren

Is anyone having this problem in Entourage 2004 or with accounts setup as IMAP in Entourage 08? I would be curious to know if this is occurring with accounts actually connected to true Exchange servers.

Empty cache is not a very fun fix for this problem. Hopefully this bug will get cleared up sooner than later.
  •  
sfpete

hugowren wrote on Wed, 25 June 2008 17:16

Is anyone having this problem in Entourage 2004 or with accounts setup as IMAP in Entourage 08? I would be curious to know if this is occurring with accounts actually connected to true Exchange servers.

Empty cache is not a very fun fix for this problem. Hopefully this bug will get cleared up sooner than later.

I can't speak for whether this occurs with a true Exchange server or not.

However, I'm not holding my breath for it to work with Kerio. This occurred with Entourage 2004 as well - all versions.

It's unclear whether it's a Kerio issue... Microsoft issue... or a combination of both.

It happens constantly.

•  
NigelH

sfpete wrote on Thu, 26 June 2008 03:36

However, I'm not holding my breath for it to work with Kerio. This occurred with Entourage 2004 as well - all versions.

It's unclear whether it's a Kerio issue... Microsoft issue... or a combination of both.

It happens constantly.

I'm not happy to hear this as I'm setting up 30 Entourage Users... Hmmm. maybe I should test out Zimbra.

Kerio Mail Server 6.7.2 Build 7821
Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I'm not happy to hear this as noone sent a report to our technical support or submit a ticket with debug logs.
Currently we have no official report about such issue.
We know about an issue when the folder could sometimes disappear from Entourage after it has been renamed. But no issues with new folders.

If the folder is not synchronized to the server then it looks like a network problem or corrupted Entourage database.

In any case, please contact us at http://support.kerio.com and provide server debug log with WebDAV and HTTP logging.
Thank you.
  •  
cthomas

I have seen similar behavior with Entourage 2004 and IMAP accounts on a qMail server. I would lean on the side that this is a Entourage issue. However, in those cases it was always a missing email not a folder. The email was always there in the web mail and would eventually show up in Entourage. Usually it would disapear from Entourage immediately after the user had opened and then closed the email. In really severe cases I would just rebuild the Entourage database and redownload all the users mail. That didn't happen very often though.

In the one instance I have had this happen with Kerio (6.5.1, Entourage 2004 all updates, OSX 10.5.2) the user was moving _a lot_ of folders around at the same time (about three dozen or so) He also deleted a few folders, moved emails from folder to folder etc... After all that only two folders did not actually get deleted from Kerio. I just had him log into web mail and delete them there.

Since this seemed to me to be an isolated incident and within the realm of previous experience with Entourage I didn't bother to file a bug report. If the problem reoccurs and/or is repeatable I will.

- C. Thomas
  •  
minge

I have the same issue with one of my clients.

The folders show up in Apple Mail, but some are missing from Entourage (both 2004 & 2008)
  •  
catmanoct

[quote title=sfpete wrote on Wed, 25 June 2008 19:36]

I can verify that this does indeed happen on a true Exchange Server. Currently running Exchange 2003 with one user running remotely off of his Macbook Air, w/Entourage. I'm going to try the Cache trick and see if that gets his missing emails and folders to reappear.

"The Day You Stop Learning is the Day You Die"
  •  
sfpete

Per Kerio tech support:

"This is a known issue. It is fixed but will not be available till 6.6"

So, until then we keep flushing Entourage caches every... single... day.
  •  
cthomas

I just got hit with this issue. Exchange account, Entourage 2004, OS X.5.5

At least two folders are not available in Entourage on one user. However, if you right click on the Inbox and go to Properties and then the Storage tab the missing folders do show up there. So Entourage does actually see the folders in questions it just does not display them where the user can interact with them.

I haven't tried emptying the cache yet because this user has 3GB! of email (they claim they need it all) in 246 folders, it will take a while to rebuild all of that.

Glad to hear this is fixed in 6.6. If everything that is promised in 6.6 actually makes it that will be one huge update!

- C. Thomas
monkeymissile

I found that emptying the cache stopped working for this user and I had to rebuild the Kerio index file for the missing folder instead
Previous Topic: Nod32 v3.0 erases email body in sent mail messages with KOFF
Next Topic: High Server CPU Load... Solutions?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 11:23:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00506 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.