Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Message storage volume has changed
  •  
sonofcolin

Send a private message to this user
Here is a good one. I had a nasty surprise last night. After I rebooted my mailserver, I logged in and had no messages or folders in my IMAP account. In fact all accounts had lost all messages!

I looked at the storage directories (which are on a separate disk to KMS) and all domains and users messages were present, but not showing in Kerio.

I looked in the console to see what had changed. Nothing. The correct directory is seleted for messgaes. In fact eveything is as it should be except that the statistics view shows info for a different storage directory!?

I've tried backing up, clean install, but nothing so far has worked. Any ideas?

OS X 10.2.8 installation.

TIA
  •  
sonofcolin

Problem solved.
KMS didn't like storage being in non-default location.
  •  
Tr!une

I have my message store in a non-default location. KMS for LINUX installs it in the /opt directory which is normally a very small partition. So I moved it to a separate partition. You have to do it in a certain order though according to the manual.
  •  
sonofcolin

So I moved it to a separate partition. You have to do it in a certain order though according to the manual.

I did this initially when I ran the wizrd for the first time. I selected a different volume. Everything worked fine for a few days.
  •  
Tr!une

I don't use IMAP so it could be a different animal. And are you on Windows or LINUX?

I have restarted, updated and such many times with no problems.
  •  
sonofcolin

OS X installed in default /usr/local

This is from the error log when a non default location is selected:
services.cpp: Select failed in services acceptor loop: (9) Bad file descriptor
Everything works fine in the default location.

Thanks for the replies.
  •  
Tr!une

Well I am not going to venture near the OS X. and I really don't know the solution for that problem. My LINUX install is peculiar about the location. Must be in the /opt/kerio folder, but the message stores and the backup can be moved via the console.

•  
bronco

Hi,
I am not an OS X expert, but I know UNIX for over a decade. Maybe try using a symbolic link to the directory of your choice or a mountpoint if possible.
  •  
Tr!une

I tried the symbolic link in LINUX and it didn't work to well. But I ran into a separate problem at that time. When I shut down KMS and tried to restart after setting up the link, KMS wouldn't restart. So then I tried to undo the link and KMS still wouldn't restart. After trying to reinstall and failing, Kerio Tech Support diagnosed the users.cfg file to be corrupt, so I just had really bad timing on my attempt at using the symbolic link.
Previous Topic: Bug in autorespeonder message
Next Topic: How to make custom spam rules?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 19:41:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.