Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How do I rename default Deleted, Junk, and Sent Folders
  •  
kiwimonk

Send a private message to this user
I use Thunderbird as a mail client, and IMAP into Kerio. Thunderbird uses Trash instead of Deleted Items, Sent instead of Sent Items and Junk instead of Junk E-Mail for its folder naming structure.. I know I can tell Thunderbird where they are, but doing this for every installation for every account is a pain. I was wondering if it is possible to change this somehow via admin / config files on the server side.. and not having Ill effects like Junk filters not working properly.

Thank You!
  •  
kiwimonk

Any way to do this? Much Appreciated!
  •  
cthomas

Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you can rename these.

These are standard server-side folders required by IMAP. The folders you are seeing in Thunderbird are client-side folders. I haven't used Thunderbird specifically but usually email clients are smart enough to delete the client side folders when you specific IMAP during account setup.

- C. Thomas
  •  
winkelman

cthomas wrote on Mon, 23 June 2008 21:03

Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you can rename these.

That is correct, those names are standard and need to be so for the email server to be able to find them and know what they are.
  •  
scottwilkins

Same thought goes to Outlook too. Kerio had to standardize on the largest common denominator. Outlook is that most common factor. So the expected folder names that are in Outlook, and the ones that Outlook expects to be there too, were the ones used. Thunderbird used different names in order to keep from inviting legal actions.

'tis a sad World we live in, huh.

Anyway, I'd recommend web mail as a possible solution over Thunderbird if Outlook is not an option.
  •  
sgongola

I'm also interested in this topic but I am not willing to risk support loss by playing with the following. I've noticed that these entries are mentioned in:
webmail\default\lib\folder.inc and webmail\express\const.inc

kerio guy: Is this how the mail server knows the folder names for these common mailbox types? Would changing these values also change the mailbox names used by kerio or would it break kerio.
  •  
sgongola

scottwilkins wrote on Tue, 24 June 2008 08:57

Anyway, I'd recommend web mail as a possible solution over Thunderbird if Outlook is not an option.

That is not an option if you have to use pop. I also find that webmail is slower than what I am accustomed to with thunderbird.
  •  
snorlax

I also had a problem one day with my french Outlook 2007.
What I did (in order not to break the stantard KWS installation) was to add symbolic links to my email folder. It did duplicate folders (with the same content though) under webmail, but this way Outlook was working fine...

...then I went back to KOFF ! Laughing Very Happy ...and I removed all my sym links ! Rolling Eyes
  •  
kiwimonk

Hey Snorlax, thats a great idea! Never thought to do it that way.. and if the same folder is accessed from a different client.. It will still work. Thanks for the idea!

Thanks!
Previous Topic: Kerio Open Directory Extension Issues
Next Topic: Entourage 2008 does not sync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:00:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00523 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.