Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Apple iCal + Mail with KMS 6.5.1
  •  
baskett

Send a private message to this user
We are a design practice running the latest versions of iCal and Mail under Leopard in conjunction with KMS 6.5.1. iCal has been working well for both private and public office calendars, but I've run into trouble sharing private calendars with other staff members. iCal seems to handle this without a problem by allowing users to read and write as their permissions allow, but Apple Mail has been throwing a rather annoying hurdle in the way.

When these private calendars are shared, Mail displays a new public folder listing the shared calendar. It's easily identified amongst other public mail folders as it contains no readable content and assigns a tilda (~) to the front of the folder.(i.e. if John shares his calendar to three other users, their Mail app will display a ghosted public folder named ~john<_a.t_>mydomain.com.) All accounts are set up in Mail as Exchange accounts as when we connect as IMAP, yet another calendar appears in iCal causing needless confusion for staff. Is there anyone with information on how to get around this? Any help would be appreciated.
  •  
sonofcolin

Quote:

iCal seems to handle this without a problem by allowing users to read and write as their permissions allow, but Apple Mail has been throwing a rather annoying hurdle in the way.

This is a long standing bug with Apple Mail (it has been acknowledged by Apple). Any mail folder starting ~ can't be read in Mail.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 June 2008 22:19]

•  
bull2760

I'm not running leopard, I have 10.4.11 on my laptop and everything seems ok. I created 4 extra public calendars on my pc at work and everything shows up in iCal at home.[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=1366&private=0[/img ] I removed the checks from calendars do to information related to my company but there are lots of appointments filled into each calendar.

• Attachment: Picture 5.png
    (Size: 39.26KB, Downloaded 385 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 24 June 2008 07:12]

•  
baskett

Everything works correctly, except for the unwanted display of the ghosted folders. There's no need to try to read these in Mail as we use iCal to manage the calendars. Do you know of any way to tell Mail not to make the attempt?
  •  
bull2760

I don't have any ghost folders in mail. The only folders I see are the ones I created to store incoming messages in.
  •  
baskett

The ghosted folders will only show up when a user is also subscribed to the shared/editable private calendar in webmail. We have to use enable this as some of our staff members need access when at home.

While iCal can see these without a problem using the "delegation" tab in the account settings, you must subscribe to shared calendars manually in webmail under "settings" for them to appear there. This is fine, but once a subscription is set up in webmail, the Mail app starts to display the ghosted "~user<_a.t_>mydomain.com" folders in mail.
Previous Topic: Daily Report Email Address:
Next Topic: Instant Messaging Support
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 01:20:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.