Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Bayes Learn (sa-learn) for Kerio?
  •  
flish

Send a private message to this user
I'm familiar with spamassassin which is one of the attractive points about Kerio for Windows. However I can't find, or the equivalent of the sa-learn (http://spamassassin.sourceforge.net/doc/sa-learn.html) tool so that I can train the Bayes install and get a better hit/miss rate for tagging spam.

At the moment all spam goes through to a specific user, and then through Webmail I'm moving any 'Ham' into another folder, with the intention of running sa-learn against each folder in the appropriate folder so that it learns the spam, and the ham and improves it's performance accordingly. Is this possible with Kerio, or am I missing something obvious.

I suppose it would be possible to recompile sa-learn with Perl under Windows, and point it at the appropriate config folders, but I'm not keen to get this dirty with the config. Any thoughts?

TIA
  •  
jshaw541

From what I understand, and I could be totally wrong here, so take this with a grain of salt, but from what I understand most of the spamassassin customization functionality in KMS is disabled. That is, if you modify files, the changes won't be noted. I remember trying to set up some local.cf rules last summer, and they were ignored by KMS. I bet its the same for sa-learn.

This really sucks as a lot of spam has been making it through since about December or so, when we started getting perhaps about twice as much spam as before. I could easily cut a lot of this out with some simple regular expression rules, especially those annoying emails with the large blocks of random letter words.

Anyone from Kerio care to comment (even informally) on this at all?

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
Tr!une

I have noticed a large amount of spam coming through since the December or January updates. I think the spamassassin scores were changed some. Particularly I think the hits have lower increments (.1 instead of 1.0 or something like that.)

I notice a ton of negative scores in my debug log now. I think many of the spammers are targeting spamassassin.

Here is a comment from Kerio Tech support
>>>
To my knowledge, the only file you can edit is local.cf in ...\Kerio\MailServer\spamassassin\rules. We do not have any documentation for configuring this file. We only support configuring settings within the KMS admin console.
<<<
Previous Topic: MailServer.cfg variables
Next Topic: KMS and webmail on separate boxes
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 03:27:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.