Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS performance on large mailboxes
  •  
FNcl

Send a private message to this user
First of all hi to everyone! this is my first post on the forum and lets hope is not the last

This will be a litte hard to explain given english is not my native language but i'll try my best (sorry if something gets miss-writen!)

I'm the Sys Admin of a Law Firm and we want to implement remote access for everybody, so whenever anybody want they can work from home. To do that i think that the best is to use access via Terminal Server because everybody works at home with Windows and that our entire server platform in Windows Based.

We will be using a mixture of roaming profiles, folder redirection, and mailboxes hosted on the server, so when you connect to TS, the server just have to load a few files and you can get your whole session with *everything* just like you where seated on your computer (i hope you are getting it!).

The part where KMS comes in hand is where everybodys mailbox will be hosted on the server using IMAP. Sounds simple but my concern is that several mailboxes weight about 7 Gigs (8 years of emails), and i dont know how good will be the performance of KMS with that!

A few pointers:

-The mail client will be Microsoft Outlook
-The core of our network is Gigabit (the servers switch), and the clients work a 100 Mbps.
-We have about 70 Users (will be 100 in a couple of years)

Does any of you guys worked with huge mailboxes on KMS in "online" mode over a 100Mbps LAN?

Any feedback will be really apreciated Wink

Thanks!
  •  
rigo

Send a private message to this user
If you already have the switch at 1GB your next upgrade should be GB nics--it makes a HUGE difference, especially with sync roaming profiles. On the KMS side, well if you are doing TS then yes get those nics replaced, 70 x $10, well you do the math Wink

have fun
Previous Topic: Entourage 2008 does not sync
Next Topic: Safari 3.1 (Mac) + Webmail = funky right click
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:55:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.