Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » KWF on File Server problem > same local IP!
  •  
kaptain1

Send a private message to this user
Hi all!

I've installed KWF demo on our fileserver to test it out, and it seems to be working fine, one problem however:

If i try to access shared folders on file server by its LAN IP: //192.168.1.150 , KWF is blocking it (because it's installed on it)
"Connection to server 192.168.1.150 failed (Connection actively refused by the server.)"

I can still access it from LAN by typing in server name: //servername , but this doesn't work if i try to access it through VPN access.

Any ideas?
Please help.

Thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Sun, 29 June 2008 12:08]

•  
kaptain1

An Update:

I actually can access the server by typing in //192.168.1.150 from a VPN client side. However, it's acting 'very strange' (on both computers that i have at home) - when i'm connected with a VPN client, and trying to type in the address into the address bar - it erases just when i start typing it, so i have to retype it few times pretty fast before 'it' erases the address again. It's like there's a bug that doesn't want you to type in the address and keeps erasing it, i know it sounds weird, but that's what happens!

I've got around this issue by simply creating a shortcut to //192.168.1.150 on my desktop, but this isn't something that VPN client should be experiencing when connecting to server. And it seems that it's a Kerio VPN Client issue, i haven't experienced this strange behavior with other VPN clients.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Sun, 29 June 2008 21:25]

•  
RHarmsen.nl

kaptain1 wrote on Sun, 29 June 2008 21:25

An Update:

I actually can access the server by typing in //192.168.1.150 from a VPN client side. However, it's acting 'very strange' (on both computers that i have at home) - when i'm connected with a VPN client, and trying to type in the address into the address bar - it erases just when i start typing it, so i have to retype it few times pretty fast before 'it' erases the address again. It's like there's a bug that doesn't want you to type in the address and keeps erasing it, i know it sounds weird, but that's what happens!

I've got around this issue by simply creating a shortcut to //192.168.1.150 on my desktop, but this isn't something that VPN client should be experiencing when connecting to server. And it seems that it's a Kerio VPN Client issue, i haven't experienced this strange behavior with other VPN clients.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have noticed this behaviour on multiple machines with and without any VPN sollution, so it seems to be a Windows issue.
  •  
kaptain1

RHarmsen.nl wrote on Mon, 30 June 2008 13:32

I have noticed this behaviour on multiple machines with and without any VPN sollution, so it seems to be a Windows issue.

I disagree, i've never noticed this behavior before - for the past 3 yrs of fixing computers. I only start noticing once i start using KWF demo (and only when VPN is connected).
Previous Topic: cannot attach file using my yahoo email
Next Topic: Clam Anti-Virus error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 13:31:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00375 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.