Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » accept or decline meetings in ical
  •  
tek_san

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
we are connecting ical via webdav to our 6.5.1 KMS.
I do not find a way to accept or decline a scheduled event in ical.
It will be added in my calendar and thats it, I cannot move or alter it. The only thin I can do is to delete it...

Any ideas anyone?

regards

Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
tek_san

come on Wink
80+ people are reading this and no one has an answer?
I guess it does not work, huh?

regards

Oliver
(push!)

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

WebDAV?? Didn't you mean CalDAV?

It does work fine for me on Leopard.
  •  
tek_san

did I write webdav? of course I meant caldav.
So, what is going wrong, I did as the manual said, receive invitations from an exchange user.
It is added in my schedule, but I do not find any button to change something.
All I can do is doubleclick the added schedule item and read its content.

My own calendaritems have an edit button, received invitations don't.

WHat could be a point is that I receive messages to my bla.blubb<_a.t_>domain1.de address but my account is only blubb<_a.t_>domain1.de. We use short names for accounts and add aliases for complete names.
I answer mails as bla.blubb<_a.t_>domain2.de That second domain is just a domain alias. We have several domain aliases that point to the primary domain name.

I think there is a drawback in the design of KMS that makes handling of different aliases within an account and usage of different domains tricky or impossible.

regards

Oliver

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Why do you think it is a KMS issue? Is it hard to imagine that iCal has more strict rules regarding attendee address in the invitation and simply does not display Accept button because you are using different email address than the one used in the invitation?
  •  
tek_san

ok.
so to reply to your message.
What exactly is working fine on your site in leopard?
can you accept or decline an invitation?
could you send me a screenshot or any other brief description.
The manual itself does not help me to make them settings in ical.
After all, there is not much to enter in ical.

regards

Oliver

• Attachment: Bild 6.jpg
    (Size: 23.79KB, Downloaded 481 times)
  • Attachment: Bild 5.jpg
    (Size: 33.24KB, Downloaded 461 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 01 July 2008 12:53]

•  
tek_san

here is what I get in ical, if I receive an invitation from extern
The same invitation in Outlook or Entourage lets me alter the information...
regards

Oliver

• Attachment: Bild 7.jpg
    (Size: 26.02KB, Downloaded 487 times)

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes, I ca accept it.
index.php?t=getfile&id=1380&private=0

As I wrote before, attendee address in the event must exactly match username in iCal (including case sensitivity) otherwise iCal will not show Accept button.

• Attachment: Picture 1.png
    (Size: 23.26KB, Downloaded 1344 times)
  •  
tek_san

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Tue, 01 July 2008 13:10

As I wrote before, attendee address in the event must exactly match username in iCal (including case sensitivity) otherwise iCal will not show Accept button.

And that is were the problem comes from.
my username is my account name and that is a short name, that's not given away as a mailaddress.
my short name is for example konot, this could stand for konrad.otto. so my mailaddress is konead.otto<_a.t_>domain.com.
If I understand your explanation, I have to be invited as konot<_a.t_>domain.com.
If that is so, its unacceptable, sorry.

And let me say one more thing. Thank you very much for your patience and help!

best regards

Oliver

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You can open a ticket at Apple to change iCal behavior and make it more tolerant.
  •  
tek_san

that is almost sarcastic Wink
Yes, I could, and yes I have done that in the past.
There were awful flaws in mail they never fixed in the whole 10.4 lifespan.
They fixed it for whatever reason (I guess it was an accident) in 10.5.
So, there's not much hope out there for me.
But again thank you
case closed...

regards

Oliver

Previous Topic: LDAP user connection
Next Topic: Mail Merge Contacts into Word?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 07:42:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00548 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.