Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail Merge Contacts into Word? (How do I Mail Merge Contacts into labels or letters in Word?)
  •  
mrralan

Send a private message to this user
We are using the Kerio Offline Connector. How do we take our Public Folder contacts and merge them into Word to print labels or to create a letter using the contact info in the letter?
  •  
Timothy_Loh

If there is any easy solution to this on the server side, I'd love to hear it. We concatenate the contacts into a single file and then, after importing that file into Excel, run a custom VB script to parse the file into something that can be used by Word. If no one else has an easier way, I can see if I can post the script on an "as is" through Kerio. I say through Kerio because the script borrows some code for a subroutine which is public license but I don't have the inclination now to sort out licensing issues related to whether or not it can be posted.
  •  
sedell

Doesn't Word let you specify a directory server as a data source for a mail merge? I've never tried it, but I'm wondering if you could directly query the LDAP server to do a mail merge.

If that fails, you can copy the public contacts to a temp folder in your account, then do an export to Excel or Access.

Scott
  •  
mrralan

I thought you would be able to just select the Contacts and then select Mail Merge from the Tools menu. This launches the Mail Merge Wizard and then launches WORD. I just haven't been able to get it to push the selected contacts to WORD once the wizard is completed.
  •  
mrralan

I was missing some steps. I found the following tutorial and it works. Thanks all.

http://www.timeatlas.com/tutorials/OutlookMailingLabels.htm
Previous Topic: accept or decline meetings in ical
Next Topic: iPhone 2.0 compatibility
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:37:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.