Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Favorite RedHat distribution
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user

RedHat Linux distros[ 43 votes ]
1.RedHat Enterprise Linux 7 / 16%
2.Fedora 6 / 14%
3.CentOS 25 / 58%
4.Other 5 / 12%

Which RedHat-based Linux distribution do you like the most? Which is your favorite?

Please do not reply with 'I like Debian/Gentoo/etc.'. That's not a point of this poll. Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 June 2008 17:44]

•  
bperkins

Redhat Enterprise Linux
  •  
ptireland

•  
jaikudo

The advantage of CentOS is not that it is technically any better than the others but it has 5 year support cycles, which is unusual in a free version of Linux. For those of us who don't want to upgrade our servers too often this is a big plus point.
  •  
steven

jaikudo wrote on Mon, 07 July 2008 14:22

The advantage of CentOS is not that it is technically any better than the others but it has 5 year support cycles, which is unusual in a free version of Linux. For those of us who don't want to upgrade our servers too often this is a big plus point.

there you have a very good point indeed
i had already requested a support ticket for centos
i now use opensuse in vmware server but i'm looking to migrate to a physical as the vmware installation was supposed to be just for testing, but i didn't find the time yet to migrate Sad

on the other hand, as RH EL and CentOS are practically the same (apart from the artwork), it could be good to have support for both, but i prefer CentOS

[Updated on: Mon, 07 July 2008 22:56]

•  
teddytis

jaikudo wrote on Mon, 07 July 2008 08:22

Yes, although I have a prefence to a different non-redhat distro for most of our stuff. When we have to go with a "redhat-like" distro I like CentOS because of the large support cycle, and it's a set time period. Most free distros are support "for a while" which could be a couple years or could be 7 years. So yeah, it would be nice if CentOS was officially supported, although I know a lot of people on the forums have mentioned running the current version on CentOS without any issues, ourselves included.
  •  
tacki

•  
easiconseil

Debian ? ==>[] Smile

Debian is one of the most stable OS after *BSD, it will be a good thing that Kerio support it.

--
MaT
Courriel : mat<_at_>pnymail.com
--------------------------------
  •  
steven

i've seen that the beta of 6.6.0 offers support for centos 5.2 which is realy great for me
  •  
Nixs

I've recently started switching many of my *nix boxes to CentOS. I get tired of updating the Mandriva boxes every year. Completely rebuilding the boxes to upgrade gets old. The mirrors quit patching the older versions quickly after a new release.

Trustix was a nice server OS. To bad they discontinued it.
Previous Topic: D3S and DE3
Next Topic: Missing Email Attachments on iPhone 2.0
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 01:39:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00526 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.